open air filters

muhuha

Isit me or are they just too noisy, ive got a tiny polini one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIR-FILTER-PO...ryZ25640QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I want to run a open air filter because my air box is huge and is ruined. Are there any better open air filter or just air filter that are really quiet maybe bit louder than air box.

Also do they make manifolds for the minarelli that instead coming out the variator side of the engine goes over the barrel of the engine, so the air filter comes out between my feet.

Advertisement - register to remove this

Also do they make manifolds for the minarelli that instead coming out the variator side of the engine goes over the barrel of the engine, so the air filter comes out between my feet.

Yes, I Malossi makes one, it's their MHR manifold. I have one of these, and it fits well. I think Polini makes one too. You can direct the filter either back over the tire, or forward over the cylinder.

I like the noise. :)

~Josh

Wouldn't a forward facing foam filter make it real tricky to tune?

Mine points out the side, stock, but with a scoop. Took a while
to set up the carb, probably still not perfect, but works ok. Still,
a srong gust of wind will mess up the mixture.

not so b'coz the filter acts like a shield against the wind gusts messing up the carb, this is why i had my brother fashion a metal shield for the carb on our dragscooter.

dsc02404dv4.jpg

What about those Doppler filters that have a plastic casing? You can fine tune the air flow with 3 hole adjustments. I have heard these are quiet too. Anyone seen these?

not so b'coz the filter acts like a shield against the wind gusts messing up the carb, this is why i had my brother fashion a metal shield for the carb on our dragscooter.

Tiba, apologies, but I don't understand. If the foam reduces the effects
of the wind gusts, why did you have to build a metal shield?

I've been thinking about making a huge air box, maybe the cart box
above would be best, and pre made. I cannot stand the noise anymore
in/out of the neighborhood. Out on the street I don't mind it.

Last edited:
Back