MALOSSI? 172, CARB REEDBLOCK PROBLEM

sr172

sr172
Hi i have got a sr 125 with malossi kit and many many parts
i have out the stage6 vforce reedblock on m bike, it came the the insert wich reduces the whole, if i took that out will my scooter be faster?

Advertisement - register to remove this

depends on your mouthpiece, if its round u leave it in, if its square u take it out, u have to make a nice flow.... and if their both round but not even, u can "tune" them and make them even for the better flow... btw what mouthpiece are u using?

if I'm not mistaken the stage 6 raiser kit taht your talking about has a round hole right? if so u leave the "stuffer" in de reed

thnak you alot fro your help!

is vforce the best reedblock for my bike?
also it doesnt even hve carbon fibre reedpetals

Are you sure that youve got the stage 6 v-force? Stage 6 have another block that comes with the manifold I linked to but thats not a v-force..

That aluminum stage6 mainfold is crap. Bad casting, lot of work to make it look like a decent manifold, also the rubber flange cracks easily. Will work for a while and it's quite cheap.

You can remove the stuffer from the vforce3 if you make a spacer of the same thickness as the stuffer edges to prevent the reed cage from disassembling.

You can remove the stuffer from the vforce3 if you make a spacer of the same thickness as the stuffer edges to prevent the reed cage from disassembling.

? the manifold also counts, doesnt make sense if u have a big reed hole, and a spacer thats the same size, and a mouthpiece thats smaller.. it has to FLOW.. and the v-force always comes with carbon pedals.. so u should check that..

its not the one that you sent a link of, its the one that make its sit over the rear wheel its called the stage6 raiser kit.

and i didnt look too much it yes its defo the vforce stage 6

? the manifold also counts, doesnt make sense if u have a big reed hole, and a spacer thats the same size, and a mouthpiece thats smaller.. it has to FLOW.. and the v-force always comes with carbon pedals.. so u should check that..

Sure it counts, I was using vforce3 with a stock piaggio manifold which has square outlet so I removed the stuffer and I just wanted to say that it's possible. This is pretty much pointless discussion until he figures what kind of outlet his manifold has.

Looking at the picture on scooter attack it seems like that manifold/spacer has round outlet. So sr127, leave the stuffer in place and grind it to fit manifold outlet if necessary.

ok thanks mate! :D
my bike is only going 90-92mph :(
what kind of speeds do you see them getting?
also what else could i get?

here is my setup

malossi 172 kit ported
pm tuning 52mm crank
pm tuning '52' exhaust
polin variator and polini 180 belt using 13.2gr rollers
polini clutch using green springs
pm tuning lightend clutch bell
malossi gear up kit
keihin 28mm pwk carb
stage6 raiser intake system
stage6 vforce reedblock

i have seen the malossi rear torque drivers for gilera runners, they will fit my bike but do they make a difference? i know they do on the 50cc but
on the 125 the pulley is as big as it will go in the casing to start, so does any one know if they are good?

90-92 mph is about what they run, somewhat 160kmph thats about it, but i dont liek your manifold, if it's for street use i would just buy the hebo sideways,28-32 ,

Good news, adjusted roller weight and played around with jetting
bike is now hitting 96mph :D :D

im over the moon, i havbe got 14,7gr rollers now.

i was thinking the lighter the better, beacause its revs harder
but thats doesnt work on my engine.

Does any one knoe wer i can get a performance cdi?

Cheers

hey sr172
have you ever put it on a dyno
really curious howmuch horsepower your engine produces.
ive got an engine with a simular set-up,it's now being tuned
it's gonna take about a 1,5 month before my engine is ready
as soon as i get my engine back i'll post the dyno resuls
hoping 2 get about 30 hp after all the work is done
keep on tuning
and some pics of your engine would be nice!
greets art

Last edited:
Back