Info on Crankshaft...

Dante'sZIP

Team SBR
Hello,

I was recently doing research and discovered the Stage 6 R/T crank, I'm assuming its a new product. Does anybody know where I can get info on it in English, I just want to reaearch on its specifications, material its made of, max rpm etc.

Thanks,

Advertisement - register to remove this

it's made by the same company who make the malossi crankshafts !
if you look on the scooter attackpage you'll see the description i wrote :)

Stage6 R/T crankshaft with optimized Pro-Flow Design. This crankshaft is elaborately balanced with Wolfram weights and is equipped with an 18mm big end bearing instead of the 16mm version. The reinforced silver washer, the high quality silver cage bearing and a forged conrod ensure absolute durability and a high power output for racing engines.

Eoin70 said:
it's made by the same company who make the malossi crankshafts !
if you look on the scooter attackpage you'll see the description i wrote :)

Stage6 R/T crankshaft with optimized Pro-Flow Design. This crankshaft is elaborately balanced with Wolfram weights and is equipped with an 18mm big end bearing instead of the 16mm version. The reinforced silver washer, the high quality silver cage bearing and a forged conrod ensure absolute durability and a high power output for racing engines.

Wolfram?? But why?

Wolfram inserts are very often used to balance crankshafts,
if you look closely at the side of the crankshaft you can see the little inserts where the injections have been made.
I dont know exactly how these weights are inserted but all i know is they are using Wolfram, Wolfram is just another name for Tungsten i think

Eoin70 said:
Wolfram inserts are very often used to balance crankshafts,
if you look closely at the side of the crankshaft you can see the little inserts where the injections have been made.
I dont know exactly how these weights are inserted but all i know is they are using Wolfram, Wolfram is just another name for Tungsten i think

Thank you trying to edify me, but not this was my question!!

I know what is balancing weights, not this is the problem, I also know what is wolfram, but why they use Wolfram instead of other material. It's not reasonable.

I use wolfram day by day, this is a very hard, rigid material, and has a very high melting-point. In an alloy it'S very usefull, it's carbide formative etc..
I don't see what is the advantage in this case.

The most common balancing weights are plastic, aluminium, brass, fibers..

Last edited:
Dante'sZIP said:
Thanks for the replies, but do you know what is the max rpm it can handle, even just an estimate is fine, thanks.
I don't think u would have to worry about that, i would gues 16k at its minimum, probartly more.

I guess the reason they used wolfram would be the ekstra revolving weight. So that is dosen't loose as meny rpm's for scooter race or sutch purposses.

Back