How to? Derestrict?

Powellyboi

Need help, I have a aerox and want to derestrict.

I no if i take the panel off behind the kickstart i see the belt and two cog thingys. I been told that i want to touch the cog ( variater) that is at the front closest to the handle bars not the one at the back.

I also want to know how long it will take mt to take out the washer, what it looks like and If you will hear any difference in sound when i ride the bike after??

Thanks for your help

Chris

Advertisement - register to remove this

it makes a huge difference
you need to remove the disk at the front neares to front wheel
but to do this you need a special tool or else when yuo try to loosen it it rotates

then when it removed you'll see the washer

noise difference no way noise
you can jam it some how
get some wood and beat it in underneath the variator disc then it will be jammed

ok greta, thats the thing me dad dosnt want me to do it so im going to do it at work, if it was a big noise dif then he would know and i would lose me bike but if he didnt know noice he dosnt see me on it to notice speed dif.

Please make me 100% sure that he wont notice anything on looks or noise :D

Cheers all

Chris

the only thing it will make a diference on is ur speed, if u dont like it just put it back
but dont blame us for give u ideas about WEGDING things in ur tranny case if ya dad catches ya lol

here is a very quick sketch i did. the red part is the rear variator half, leave that on. the black is the shaft that the variator spins on. the green is the front variator half, this need to be taken out to get to washer. the blue is the belt, that can stay on. if the belt comes out of the rear pulley, pull the two rear pulley halfs apart to get it to sit back in there so the belts no loose. the yellow cirlce is the restrictor and this needs to be removed.

i have never owned a specific tool for this purpose because i just jam up the variator with a peice of wood or use just use a rattle gun at work, that way you dont need to hold the variator because the compressed air works so fast.

Back