How to change the Crankshaft

devil777

Hi mates ,

I got a problem , I need to change the Crankshaft But i dont know how to do that , so riding with SMC PAF (I know its shit) and i am thinking to buy THINS ONE (CLICK) so My question is maybe someone could give me a guide how to do that !?

thanks m 8P

Advertisement - register to remove this

if you are sure that this crank fits to your engine then you have to split your cases and replace with that one... IT IS NOT SIMPLE if you never do this again as you need some specific tools to push out the old crank and to push in the new one.. Everything needs care and if you never did this again do try it own. If you need any help let me know but in this forum you never helped from the members... :(

you didn't need these tools. A good way to install the crank is to put the crank in freezer for 2-3 hours and then fit the bearings on it. Then you have to cool is down or heat the cases and the work complete...:p

Maybe someone can show some pic. how to install the crank ? It sounds interesting with the freezing.
Problem is that - I don't know , from what i need to start to install the crank ..

you dont need photos... just freeze the crank for 3-4 hours. then put the bearings on it. then put the crank with the bearings for 3-4 hour in freezer and then install it on the hot cases... that's it...

Mm, I had to heat my crank case above the furnace for about 15 minutes before it was hot enough to fit my crank shaft + bearings in. And with hot I mean REALLY hot, smoke was coming off it. After that it just went too easy. Same with fitting the bearings on the crank shaft (I do it in a different order than the video shows), I just made the bearings very hot and put the crankshaft in the freezer for a few hours, then they just slided right on the shaft. I used steel case bearings, don't know if it will work with plastic case bearings (could melt perhaps).

Splitting the crank case apart was just: heating it on the stove, grabbing a rubber hammer and smash the crank shaft right out. Works fine for me :p. Done it twice now, no problems or whatsoever.

where do i go next?

hello all. im new to this so not even sure if ive posted this correctly ? anyway, ive got a "09" 50cc aerox, never done any tuning before, the bike was completely standard when i bought it last week, ive deristricted the exhaust, took the washer out from the variator, and changed my roller weights to 4.7g, it will hit 50 mph ok, but i want to make it pick up quicker, so which way do i go next ? i was thinking a poloni 9 roller super speed variator and a yasuni exhaust?? sound any good? or can someone advise me of better?

Why did you make the rollers so light? Arent the original ones like 6,5grams? Put those back in. More RPM does not equal more power. If you do believe that then you just dont understand how a variomatic works ;)

Back