Hoe veel KWs mag nu?

Jackolantern

Hi,
I hope you guys (and gals) don't mind, I'm typing this in english, please do respond in Dutch, I just want to aviod the 100 spelling errors I'll make if i try this in Dutch ;-)

Oke...
I have been reading and even calling to the police to see if they know (uhh they don't) Nobody seems to know, the scooter shop says above 0.5Kw you get fined period. If I goto the yamaha site all of the new brommers that they list are listed as having 1.6Kw of power. Does this mean that the police can wait at the end of the parking lot with the rollerbank to give the new buyer thier first ticket?

1.6Kw that's three times more power than everyone including the local scooter shop says you can have. SO why in the world does my kenteken paper say that my vespa ciao may have a max power of 1.6Kw?

I got a fine the other day my light broke, and I swear to god, the police were 500meter further up the road, and even though I had cliped a LED light onto my jacket they said it wasn't good enough, anyways the cop remarked that the trugloop exhaust hangin off the ciao was not origional and asked me how fast it went, I told him I get about an extra 10Km/h out of the exhaust, and he said that's not allowed, that he isn't going to make a problem of it, but another cop might. I explaind to him that it's very dangerous to be going 30Km/h between all the cars with all those drivers in a hurry, know what he says.. " dat hebben ze bedacht om de auto zachter te latten rijden" uhhh so i not longer have a brommer I ride around on a rolling speed bump!!

SO what's the scoop? The RDW papers say 1.6Kw and police say they don't know anything, and the scooter shop says that you get a fine above 0.5Kw

Anyone know?
Help

Advertisement - register to remove this

Oke,
It's 1.6Kw at the crackshaft, that's clear. Thanks!

I heard from a fellow that lives near me that he's been on de bank a few times and 0.5 is the limit, but there is a grey area above that where they don't write out a fine, that must be the 0.5-0.7 grey area that others in this thread are talking about.he has told me that is scooter went 65Km/h but that didn't get him in trouble unless he was actually caught going that fast, and that makes sence, my car will go over 120Km/h but I can better avoid getting caught doing that on the NL highways.

Still there are conflicting comments here, one says it is only power that matters, another says no, only top speed matters, I will call over to the RDW on monday but I am betting that they aren't going to tell me either. It's one of those best-kept Dutch secrets!

Oh en ja.. nederlands kan ik wel, maar als ik ga schrijven in NL word ik totaal overvallen om dat ik niet goed kan schrijven :) en Fryse welk ander topic?

Last edited:
Yesz i was also wondering that always... (these are examples)

if my car goes 250.... they don't give me a ticket UNLESS i actually drive that fast.

If my scoot does 90... th ewill give me a ticket because it CAN drive that fast.. but who says i drive that fast with it on the road? maybe i have (begrensd) it and i only drive 90km/h on sprints or closed circuits..

I still don't get the police in Holland... in th eone or the oher way they always want to be different from other country's. I wished we had teh same police as Astralia.. u can drive as fast as you want and if you get cought you can give them money in order to throw away the ticket

Back