Exhaust advice please?

jogger69

Hello. I have a Yamaha Jog with a Top Performance 70cc Cast Iron Kit, Top Performance Nardo pipe, 19mm Arreche Carb, CF Posh CDI, Multivar, Delta Clutch etc. I am happy with the performance and the transmission tuning.

Problem is that the exhaust is too loud, way too loud. I tried repacking the muffler but it is now even louder. Maybe it has a crack or a hole somewhere, I have not looked that closely yet.

So I am thinking of buying a quiet exhaust but don't want to be disappointed by losing performance. The two pipes I am thinking of are Giannelli Go and Giannelli Next. I would prefer the look of the Go but think that the Next will probably perform a little better? Anyway, should I buy the Go or will I be disappointed?

Thanks.

Advertisement - register to remove this

isnt gianelli next the cheapest and worst exhaust u can buy?
even the tehnicas next r is better.
buy extra, or reverse.
my friend had yasuni R and it was pretty quiet and gave nice perf.
or leovince zx,RR
doppler s3r or smth. : )

Thankyou for your advice.

If possible I would like an exhaust that does not look too, ummm, "custom" or lairish, if you know what I mean. I don't want attention from cops. So also not loud. A full expansion chamber is always going to be quite loud I think.

Yes, Gianelli are cheap exhausts but I have found them to be better quality that some more expensive exhausts like Technigas which I think fall apart more quickly. Also, being in Australia, the choice is limited compared to Europe.

The TP 70cc kit is milder with more midrange than say an MHR Rep... But it still makes power at higher rpm than stock, yes? So the pipe needs to let it rev higher than stock. I realise I am not going to get the same boost as I am getting from the Nardo pipe but will probably get better midrange?

Anyway, I still am not sure what to get. The Next is a cheap but solid pipe and would probably give slightly better boost that the Go for not much more noise... I also have read good things about the Leo SP3 in terms of a compromise between performance and noise. But I can't get one of those easily in Australia

Thanks again.

Back