E-Ton Sport Engine Modification?

gfuller40

Hello,

I'm thinking of purchasing an E-ton Sport scooter from a local dealer. This happens to be a 49cc 4-Stroke engine. Are there any big bore kits or other mods available for this scooter? Ultimately I want to get it to go around 50mph to keep up with traffic on the way to work. How fast are these things stock? I've read in a couple places that you can cut the rev limiter wire, etc... but I have yet to see any 4-stroke 70cc upgrade kits. Are my options limited here? Thanks guys!

Advertisement - register to remove this

why do you want to get a 4 stroke 50cc they are pretty slow one i saw did 40 derestricted try get a 2 stroke.
its only worth getting a 4 stroke when u get to 125cc or above.
is there a bike shop local to you you could ask them if there is a sports exaust that will fit the bike and you could probably derestrict the variator yourself

I don't necessarily want a 4-stroke but it's all they have... There is a huge shortage around the area. What do you mean by derestricted? the variator is part of the clutch correct? What would derestricting it involve? not a complete replacement I'm assuming?

De-restricted is when you have a Vacuum pipe i think removed from the exaust, the restriction plate removed from the Carb and the back plate of the variator some are restricted in other places i cannot remember.
Try google'ing how to de-restrict a variator they should all be pretty similar to each other

I got ya! I googled it as well as found videos on YouTube on the various ways to derestrict a scooter. I just barely test drove a friends 2008 yamaha vino 125 and I think I'm sold. It has incredible acceleration, a top speed of 55mph (tested) and is an extremely comfortable ride. No sense in wasting money on junk at this point. I've found a couple of used ones, but they are a bit taxed. I think my only other option would be to go for the Zuma. Thanks a lot pursey!

Hi there!

There are a couple of options for the 4 stroke 50cc bikes, but not too many. There are some 70 and 80cc top end kits available. There was also a 64cc cylinder that came on many Tank scooters that were labeled as 50cc anyway. Out of the box, these would perform pretty strong, and some people claimed to hit 50 mph on them.

I have installed MRP's 70cc 4t cylinder, and I was not impressed. Only after porting the cylinder head was it any better than the stock cylinder! Even then, it did not give enough gain to justify the price of the kit. Having said that, at least MRP has something for the bike. :)

Scooterworks also sells an exhaust for the 50cc 4 strokes if I'm not mistaken. I'd have to take a peek at their catalog to be sure though. It's been a while since I've done performance mods to a 50cc 4t. :D

If you're going to get a 50cc bike, and you want performance, get a scooter with a Minarelli or Piaggio 2 stroke engine in it. The Zuma would be a good choice! As Pursey said, the 4t's are really only "worth it" at 125cc or more.

Best of luck!

~Josh

Back