Doppler Endurance Crankshaft

xzburnoutzx

Italjet Dragster
Hi, I ordered a Doppler Endurance Crankshaft, Hq Racing crankshaft bearings yesterday and a Polini Small End Bearing, and I would like to know what to think about it? Does it improve performance, is it reliable etc. I have a 70ccm Polini Sport cylinder and all the other parts you can see here: http://forum.scooterforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=116100

Looking like this:

r92asx.jpg

Advertisement - register to remove this

So the question is: My Polini Small End Bearing (Needle Bearing) is maybe 2mm wider than the hole in the crank for it. Is it ok to use a wider bearing or do I have to buy a new one? The Polini is brand new and is 12x17x15, I found in easyparts.nl that a bearing (Doppler) is in wight 13mm, but the bearing (Doppler) to Nrg MC3 - which has the same crank as me, is said to be 15mm. Im confused, and can you answer my question, does it change anything if the bearing if its 1mm per side out of its hole.

Ruben said:
It's plug and play. And off course the Doppler Enducrance crankshaft can hold on the Polini Sport cylinder.
Dont be so sure about that.
I've seen loads of Endurance cranks that simply just broke.
Either the conrod broke or the axle at the vario did.
Its because they have been harden too much, so they become glass-like.
I know a guy who broke 2 crankshafts in 2 weeks.

Its only crankshafts from a special period that are like this, but I've seen enough of these crankshafts break into pieces!

/Swobber

Swobber said:
Dont be so sure about that.
I've seen loads of Endurance cranks that simply just broke.
Either the conrod broke or the axle at the vario did.
Its because they have been harden too much, so they become glass-like.
I know a guy who broke 2 crankshafts in 2 weeks.

Its only crankshafts from a special period that are like this, but I've seen enough of these crankshafts break into pieces!

/Swobber

My scoot doesnt go into very high rpm´s. Hope its gonna last.

Back