Derestricting Piaggio NRG MC3 DD

rob99

Hi
Just got a 2004 NRG for my son and would like to remove the restrictions from it. I know I have to remove the spacer washer fron the Variator but I need some advice on the exhaust. It has 2 resonator pipes on it and another pipe that goes to the carb do I have to remove all of these, is there any retrictors in the exhaust? I want to mod the standard exhaust so the police won't now its been modded. It looks like the pipe to the carb is something to do with emissions is that correct. Is there any other restictions in any other part of the engine? Will I have to rejet the carb or change the roller weights?

Thanks Rob

Advertisement - register to remove this

i have neva herd of a pipe going from exhaust to carb,
but any ways the two other pipes ones the cat(thin 1) , the other is the one worth cutting near the main pipe and either shut it with a hammer(squash the metal togehter) or weld it back up, there is prob a restricter between the carb and air box just wip that out

There are 3 pipes on the exhaust 2 large diameter ones about 15-20cm long with the ends crimped and a small one that goes to a rectangular cover with a small filter inside just above the rotor

my mate had a 2004 aerox and it had a pipe going somewhere near the carb when he changed his exaust he just tucked it away - no problems. i think you should rejet your carb when derestricting but not sure if its just derestricting or sports pipe but defo rejet with sports pipe lol standard rollers are ok with standard exaust sports pipe should come with clutch springs and rollers. the police dont know much a bout scooters so changing the exaust wouldn't have much affect as if you get a road legal one you can still have them restricted so they can't prove you wrong!

Just cut and weld the 3 pipe entries to the exhaust and rejet.
The 2 alike are restrictors and the 3rd that goes to a box is for exhaust emissions regulations so some air is burnt twice once pass second time thru the carb.

Back