derestricting yamaha jog 3kj

ludookia

hi all.Has anyone de-restricted yamaha jog (mina ac horizontal engine)?
if so,could you please tell me something about how do i derestrict mine?

Advertisement - register to remove this

You can de-restrict it by remove the round metal piece inside of the exhaust and you can remove the second restrictor by opening the carter and remove the ring between the pulleys by your vario.

ludookia said:
also,what weight size do you recommend for my jog,in order to get more acceleration?

That's always different. It's a thing you have to test and try.

thanks-do you mean by :L"the round metal piece inside of the exhaust " the thing that stays between the cylinder and exaust-something like a metal ring-is this the thing i have to remove?

ok

ooh yeah,now i know what ae you talking about-so if i remove this shit i'll get higher performance?is it so easy:)

mhm,i've already have one-the guy that has owned the bike before sold it to me with changed variator and bigger jet...(and lots of damages on the whole bike:D)

bike is 50cc or 70cc? get carbonfiber reed cards for whitcher. get a kit cage aswell if you have a 70cc. i dont think theres much performance gain from it, but the resopnce will go up. also if your reeds break.... metal will kill the engine, but the engine will killl the carbonfiber ones. so its safer aswell.

i dont kno whitch cage is best. someoe else probably does.

mhm well it's 50cc(actually 51,4:L)
oh,thanks for the advice about the reeds-so would you please recommend me some brands and sizes of those reeds,because i dunno anything about the redvalve:)

so this is all i have to do for my Jog-to remove the thing in my exaust???and what about the fuel-i mean what octane number fuel must i use.i'm asking this,because recently i have reduced the volume of my combustion chamber(i.e. i'm not very sure actually what i've done-i gave the head to a tuner and when ge returned it to me it looked with quite less squish:)) and the man said that i'm supposed to drive with better fuel now?:D

Hello there ludookia, nice thing you also have a Yamaha Jog there. What country are you from? Here in Manila, Philippines and as well as on the provinces, most scooters are Yamaha Jogs & Honda Dio.

About your Scooter w/c also almost same as mine, you have two options. If you have the budget and you want the maximum power and acceleration, make your engine to 70cc. There are lots of performance parts available for the 70cc kit. You have the option to choose from Malossi, Hebo, Polini, Metrakit and many more. Try to search threads about 70cc tuning here.

And other option is to tune your 50cc engine. As a novice racer, I decided to race with my 50cc jog engine. Here are some of the modifications done on my 50cc bike: CMR Crankshaft (full counterweight), SKF 6204 C.3 Crankshaft High Speed bearings, Koso intake manifold, 24mm OKO carb, Port & Polished (by Tiba) stock cylinder rebored to 42mm & converted to Liquid Cooled Cylinder. I used Seletra ignition previously, but now, i want to experiment on stock magneto, I will try to use the modified stock ignition (Lightened flywheel & on the stator, coils for lights removed except for the primary coil);
Home made Racing CDI, Malossi Variator, Malossi Torque Drive, Malossi Yellow Center Springs & Clutch springs. For most 50cc jog racers here, stock 2-pad
2JA clutch is enough. but if you can, get the delta clutch. I use a locally hand crafted pipe. I have a malossi replica and a straight pipe derived from a
80cc kart pipe. For the suspension, i used the OKO gas filled rear shock. On the front, im still using the stock HD suspension. I used KOSO floating big disk break. Also used the KOSO quick throttle. For the wheels, I changed them with RPM Racing Mags with Dunlop TT91 90/90-10 tyres. With the parts I used on my ride, you will find its really cheaper as much as 1/3 of the price compared to the European brands. But if you have the thick wallet, go for the European brands since they are designed to last longer.

Some pictures of my scootz are on our local MC site http://motorcyclephilippines.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/12281/sort/1/cat/500/page/1. Try to visit our site and you are very much welcomed and your inquiries about jog50s will be much entertained.

Last edited:
Back