Carburettor problems

xzburnoutzx

Italjet Dragster
Hi,

I am currently running a Aprilia Area 51 with a Stage 6 Racing@C16 with a 21mm Dellorto and a original air filter. Atm I am using a 85 main jet with the needle clip in the lowest position on the needle.
I can't figure out what is wrong with the setting. I took the rubber intake hose out of the original filter. It accelerates ok, but making some sounds while doing it, during the sounds the engine stops going for a brief second. When over 35 km/h it runs nicely till bottom end. But quite often it does this after running for a while on 9000rpm+. So it is running, then there is bööööööööööööööööö for a long time, then when playing with the chocke and throttle, it sometimes blows something out of the exhaust a couple of times, and runs again. Oh and sometimes this bööööö, happens right after the start, turn it on, let it heat up for 30 sek or so, then go running with minimal gas, to wait for 45c, and it does the bööööööö thing again... No problem with the cylinder or pistion, just changed the ring.

Greets xz...

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Hi,

I am currently running a Aprilia Area 51 with a Stage 6 Racing@C16 with a 21mm Dellorto and a original air filter. Atm I am using a 85 main jet with the needle clip in the lowest position on the needle.
I can't figure out what is wrong with the setting. I took the rubber intake hose out of the original filter. It accelerates ok, but making some sounds while doing it, during the sounds the engine stops going for a brief second. When over 35 km/h it runs nicely till bottom end. But quite often it does this after running for a while on 9000rpm+. So it is running, then there is bööööööööööööööööö for a long time, then when playing with the chocke and throttle, it sometimes blows something out of the exhaust a couple of times, and runs again. Oh and sometimes this bööööö, happens right after the start, turn it on, let it heat up for 30 sek or so, then go running with minimal gas, to wait for 45c, and it does the bööööööö thing again... No problem with the cylinder or pistion, just changed the ring.

Greets xz...

Too small mainjet.

I don't think he has a to small MJ. 80 MJ for 21 mm is quite big.

Check your sealings if there are any cracks what so ever. Also this sounds alittle like a clutch problem. What clutch do you use and how did you set it up?

End of topic. I switched my Area 51 for a std Gilera Runner. Will make a new project out of the Runner.

Tnx DME...

Last edited:
Back