"Black" Piston for Minarelli Mhr mudular head

CY_Beta_ARK

Piravlos
Does anybody know that piston? "Black" piston.
A guy here in Cyprus was selling that things and now he stoped |( , I heard that the piston was having a ceramic coating. Where i can find it? Is there any online shop that selling those pistons? pls help because i want it so much!

Advertisement - register to remove this

Thats are `vertex` pistons. www.google.nl search on vertex piston

off_piston.jpg

It's probably just sprayed with graphite. Or maybe is anodised (=ceramic, but slim layer) and dyed black. I don't think any of these options is much beneficial.

roost said:
It's probably just sprayed with graphite. Or maybe is anodised (=ceramic, but slim layer) and dyed black. I don't think any of these options is much beneficial.

Yes you are right ,the simple graphite coating is good for-running in only, or the tin coated Asso.. But the ceramic is really good for durability, performance, and heat conduction..

There was also availible graphite spray for pistons; some cross racers applied it when rebuilding top end (every race). But with questionable results.
I wouldn't have the piston skirt anodised, AlO is very hard, probably it would wear out the cylinder much sooner. But ceramic coating is very good on the top of piston, to insulate the crown from overheat.

Back