Average speeds?

Aloha, this is a very funny thread. Talking about an untuned stock low revving cylinder with a high revving pipe doing 110+kph or a nicely tuned scooter (with a low revving pipe that max's out at 9500 rpm) going 130 kph has given me a great laugh. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
cantdrive55 said:
Why are you only running 3 rollers? Just get a full set of 6 2.5g and call it a day...

lol yea i know its silly mate, didnt have any thing lower then 3.1 in the workshop so just put the 5.0's in for the moment!

adas said:
Aloha, this is a very funny thread. Talking about an untuned stock low revving cylinder with a high revving pipe doing 110+kph or a nicely tuned scooter (with a low revving pipe that max's out at 9500 rpm) going 130 kph has given me a great laugh. Thanks guys.

I also used to laugh when racing 125's. The moron with an "A" kit top of the line this and that getting smoked by us using "B" kit stuff and nothing fancy because we knew how to build it right. It is not the "spec" of the parts that make a certain combination fast. It is how you assemble it and how you match things together. Also some combinations need a lot more maintainance to keep them from gernading or sticking rings. But so far I have yet to hear anyone talk about prepping ring grooves or anything beyond I bought this part and now I have this combination. It seems like the LEGO school of tuning. Stack this part on that part and WHAM I am fast. No one seems to massage a bit more power out of anything it is all hogging out ports and adding more "KIT" parts.

Over here we refer to people who buy the parts and have none of the knowlege squids. Any Squid can own the latest and greatest spec this or that. But more often than not they can't make it run to it's potential or ride it to the potential when it is done.

I still check this thread, but mostly just to see if it's locked yet. :)

I was only curious as to what many people's average speeds were, that's all. Ah well...

I've got a 50 cc horizontal vertical v-twin set up. It's rare but with the Lamborghini Diablo tailpipe I modified into an expansion chamber we've seen 260+ mph in the 400m and Mach 1.25 on 1 wheel in the 1/8th mile . It runs on J2P and plastique.

Back