Average speeds?

Areomyst

Scootin' America!
'Alo friends,

I'm curious as to what many of your average speeds are, and what setups are used to reach those speeds. If you reply, please state wether your bikes is for race or street use. :)

I'm usually going around 40mph (laughable eh?) stock on the street, but I'm working on a race setup. It's slow coming as the parts are expensive, but it's coming none the less. :) Just got my LC conversion kit in from Metrakit. I'll post more on that in the future under the projects forum.

Cheers!
~Josh

Advertisement - register to remove this

2004 Vento Zip R3i: 63mph tops on flat but easily 55-60mph.
Polini Corsa/R Cylinder
Polini For Race Exhaust
19mm Arreche Carb
Polini Carbon Fiber Reedcage
Koso Vario
Koso 3-Shoe Clutch
Polini Clutch Bell
Polini Kevlar Belt

2004 Vento Triton: 60-65mph flat ground easy and 74mph topped out
Polini AC Evo
Yasuni C20 Exhaust
28mm OKO Carb
Koso Titanium Intake
Polini Carbon Fiber Reedcage
Polini Evolution Variator
Polini 14/41 Gears
Polini 2G
Polini Speedbell
Polini Kevlar Belt
Michelin Pilot SC tires

I dont really have any place to race around me except for an 1/8mile track for motorcycles and cars but I havent put any runs down.

nice setups, but can i ask why did you waste money on an ac evo instead of paying same amount for a lc one?!
ill get my top speed + setup as soon as i get a speedmeter on my bike

Because to do a LC conversion on my bike requires alot more $$$ and it is quite difficult to mount a rad on mine. My temps run just about the same and I dont need the bit extra that the LC puts out over my AC. Since there are few bikes to run with around me my AC holds its own.

rdzN said:
About 40mph :)rolleyes:) with my current scoot, which is SR50 Ditech with morini block.

The SR 50 rides like a dream compared to a lot of other bikes. :) I'm anxious to try the Malossi 70cc kit they have out.

To and from work (8 miles each way), my route is through the rural countryside, I run 55-60 mph, except stopping for the occasional stop sign every 2 or 3 miles.
For in-town riding, I just blend with the traffic, 40-50 mph.

scootertrog

2004 Kymco S9 l/c
Airsal T6 73cc (hi-comp head to be installed soon)
Kymco Top Boy 100cc intake (tuned by me)
Arreche 19mm
Arreche "porcupine" filter
Tecnigas RS70
HHK Variator
Malossi kevlar belt
Motorio Yellow torque spg w/Motorio bearing kit
Michelin Pilot Sport SC

Last edited:
2001 Yamaha BWS 50cc stock cylinder (slight porting to the exhaust outlet - cast iron is a bitch to port!!) 12,000+km on the clock

Ported (casting flaws) stock yamaha reed block.
Mallossi carbon reeds
Mallossi red sponge filter with completely stock airbox
Technigas NEXT R pipe
Stock 12mm carb w/93 main (95 gives much more top end but is impossible to tune down low and loads up a lot)
Mallossi variator w 5.5g rollers
Red clutch springs
Rear torque driver spring (can't remember spring rate or colour)
Kevlar belt

75-80kmh all day long and have topped it out on the stock Speedo to 93kmh on the flats and 98kmh on a massive downhill.

Last edited:
Solid 60mph (~100kMh). Hills get me down a bit, but otherwise it runs strong up to the top end.

Malossi MHR Replica 70, ported and cleaned up
Tecnigas None
Delorto 19mm
Malossi Carbon reeds
Malossi Multivar w/ 4g rollers
Kevlar belt
Malossi green clutch springs & yellow torque spring
Stock airbox with lots of 1/2" (12mm) holes
Pirelli SL26 100-90-10 tires

-Paul O.
sig3.jpg

Malaguti Yesterday, MHR 70 kit, Technigas None, Multivar, Delorto PHBG 19
Kansas, USA, Minister of Information for MADTOTO SCOOTER CLUB

Last edited:
I have a 05 Aerox - top speed is AROUND 80mph (125-130km), cant say average speed on the streets because it could be anything, my ped is a street race ped, hence the race engine and crank, If i had to say average speed would be around 60mph (95km) but all depends on what im doing really! having a set-ing up session today so changing rollers and adjusting clutch n carb! hope this helps slightly!

Have -

MHR 70CC (race-not rep)
MHR Race Crankshaft (HPC)
Polini Speedcontrol Var (3.6 rollers)
Polini 2G Evo Clutch
Hebo Racing Belt
Top Racing Primary Gear-Up
Dell'Orto Carb 22mm with 100 jet
Leovince ZX (i know its crap) - (should be a yasuni 16 soon)

This is bullshit :p
LeoVince ZX wont pull 14,000 rpm from your cylinder which is what you need for those speeds,take a c20 its a perfect match Also the standard ignition/cdi wont pull 14k either :)
But your cylinder its capable of good things, i had one of them for ages

blnd said:
I have a 05 Aerox - top speed is AROUND 80mph (125-130km), cant say average speed on the streets because it could be anything, my ped is a street race ped, hence the race engine and crank, If i had to say average speed would be around 60mph (95km) but all depends on what im doing really! having a set-ing up session today so changing rollers and adjusting clutch n carb! hope this helps slightly!

Have -

MHR 70CC (race-not rep)
Polini Speedcontrol Var (3.6 rollers)
Polini 2G Evo Clutch
Hebo Racing Belt
Dell'Orto Carb 22mm with 100 jet
Leovince ZX (i know its crap) - (should be a yasuni 16 soon)

Last edited:
Eoin70 said:
LeoVince ZX wont pull 14,000 rpm from your cylinder which is what you need for those speeds,take a c20 its a perfect match or the stage6 R1400
Also the standard ignition/cdi wont pull 14k either :)

That is quite impossible what you say there.

I got an LC BW's spy with:
-pinasco 70cc
-gianelli shot
-19mm delortho carb
-MHR2000 variator
-hebo clutch

+-90km/u=+-55mph

-> for street use

Eoin70 said:
LeoVince ZX wont pull 14,000 rpm from your cylinder which is what you need for those speeds,take a c20 its a perfect match Also the standard ignition/cdi wont pull 14k either :)

Thats bullshit is it? Ok if we take my list of mods, and remove the crank/70's kit from the list, and add hebo manston rep 70s kit which is what i used to have, and all have had changed since then is the 70's kit replace with the mhr race and mhr race crank, and i got clocked at 72mph (110km or whateva it works out to be) with the old 70's kit in, and ur telling me its impossible for mine to be pushing 75-80? at the end of the day if you dont believe me thats fine and if you say its impossible, but my ped goes that fast and i only said because i thought id help out the kid who asked by saying so..

blnd said:
Thats bullshit is it? Ok if we take my list of mods, and remove the crank/70's kit from the list, and add hebo manston rep 70s kit which is what i used to have, and all have had changed since then is the 70's kit replace with the mhr race and mhr race crank, and i got clocked at 72mph (110km or whateva it works out to be) with the old 70's kit in, and ur telling me its impossible for mine to be pushing 75-80? at the end of the day if you dont believe me thats fine and if you say its impossible, but my ped goes that fast and i only said because i thought id help out the kid who asked by saying so..

Don't worry about it. If it is that fast then so be it. It is only as fast as you tune it. I used to laugh when I would get accused of running an illegal motor when racing. Some people can't accept that you built it better using the same parts. They also don't know the finer aspects of tuning and how the little stuff makes such a HUGE differance in making power.

I am looking to do a 70cc kit and carb next year and will be pissed if I don't get at least 110kph maxed out and 90kph cruising.

ex-racer#2 said:
Don't worry about it. If it is that fast then so be it. It is only as fast as you tune it. I used to laugh when I would get accused of running an illegal motor when racing. Some people can't accept that you built it better using the same parts. They also don't know the finer aspects of tuning and how the little stuff makes such a HUGE differance in making power.

I am looking to do a 70cc kit and carb next year and will be pissed if I don't get at least 110kph maxed out and 90kph cruising.

Thank you very much!

Anyway ive changed my set up now!

MHR 70CC (race-not rep)
Polini Speedcontrol Var (3 5.0 rollers) (2.5)
Polini 2G Evo Clutch with strong springs
Malossi Kevlar X (Hebo one got shredded horribly)
Dell'Orto Carb 22mm with 95 jet
Yasuni 16

- This set-up will pull 80-85mph easily, ive created a midrace set-up for the streets, with pretty flat out acceleration - no deadspots or anything jst flies through at the same speed acceleration!

Last edited:
Maybe you not believe it:

Original 50cc, NOT TUNED!
Yasuni R, corrected
Malossi Variator
Hebo 107mm Clutch
17,5 Carburator Dell'Orto

The scooter is perfectly 'afgesteld' ;) en voor de rest is alles ontgrensd wat ontgrensd kan worden en hijgaat,

105 / 110 km, dus dit kan je halen als je goed je best en veel tijd en geld in je dingetje steekt! met een originele 50cc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back