Aprilia SR50 LC Funmaster (Piaggio Engine).

airwalk3r

Hi, I want some advice, I want to make my SR50 to 70cm3. I would like to put on these parts:

Variator: Malossi Multivar 2000
Clutch: Malossi Delta Clutch
Cylinder: Malossi 70cm3 SPORT (Because its cheap and it is long-life'd)
Wingbell: Malossi Wingbell
I Have Dell'orto 17,5 Carb on stock so I Dont have to change this.

Does Leovince RR exhaust fits?
What Crankshaft do I need, or I dont need that?
Does the parts fit , or They dont, all advice needed.

This is my Scooter: http://img9.uno.ee/img/autoline/main/9174.jpg

Thanks.

Advertisement - register to remove this

airwalk3r said:
Hi, I want some advice, I want to make my SR50 to 70cm3. I would like to put on these parts:

Variator: Malossi Multivar 2000
Clutch: Malossi Delta Clutch
Cylinder: Malossi 70cm3 SPORT (Because its cheap and it is long-life'd)
Wingbell: Malossi Wingbell
I Have Dell'orto 17,5 Carb on stock so I Dont have to change this.

Does Leovince RR exhaust fits?
What Crankshaft do I need, or I dont need that?
Does the parts fit , or They dont, all advice needed.

This is my Scooter: http://img9.uno.ee/img/autoline/main/9174.jpg

Thanks.

I think tehre is a Leo ppe for Piaggio engine too, but it isn't a very good pipe! The Giannelli SHot is much more betetr! You don't need new crankshaft the original is enough for this setup!

You have to remove all of the restrictors form the carb and from the airbox, and it will be fine!

I want 70cm3 Sport because it has Long-Life, not like MHR 5000 Kms. Or whatever it takes so much money and petrol. Im not that rich, but how many kmh's i would get that setup

I want malossi because Im in trust of it, it never fails, And because the other parts are malossi too, then they work better when they are togheter, So I Dont need Crankshaft, what about lagers or lackuaers or smth, Original Crankshaft fits then , what does Wingbell give..?

EDIT//: I Have Malossi RED Sponge too.

Wingbell is useless for this setup... I think DME3 is right..why not get a dr or TP cilinder. They are just as reliable as the malossi sport. They are probably faster and cheaper. Malossi is overpriced. And the argument that malossi parts works well together is useless. Also a red sponge is just a replacement filter and does 0 for performance.

Okay, I see now, So you better recommend me this setup:

Cylinder kit 75cm¦ Top Performances Piaggio LC. (139,90EUR) 137,10EUR
Clutch (M) -DELTA- Malossi (79,90EUR) 78,30EUR
Variator kit (M) Malossi Multivar (69,00EUR) 67,62EUR

So What about Exhaust now? Or Anything else, please tell me so I can order the parts quickly ;).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Why not choose an aluminium cylinder with nicasil coating?
It will last much longer if you remember to change the piston+ring sometimes.

I ride with a no-name 46mm Alu cylinder on my benelli, and its driven for 1 year now with full throttle right from the beginning.
When its cold, full throttle is the answer too.
I've tried to kill it for about 15.000km but it seems quite impossible.
The ring and piston is still the same as when I bought it.
On top of the glory its also burning a bit lean - The sparkplug is a bit grey.

I'd rather go for a alu cylinder, instead of a cast-iron.

/Swobber

Cylinder kit 70cm¦ Italkit Piaggio LC
(165,90EUR) 162,59EUR
The cylinders of Gilardoni are manufactured from a high-strength aluminum alloy and provided with a very hard nicalsil layer. The cylinders are aligned for highest performance and maximum durability.

So I Still Don't Have to worrie about CRANKSHAFT ?

I'd go for a Stage6 Sporting/Athena and such - I was running that on one of my Runners with a For-race exhaust.
It did VERY well, though the std. vario system did'nt match the performance of the cylinder/exhaust.

/Swobber

EDIT: Everything except the cylinder and exhaust was standard parts.

Ah its so confusing, im noob to. I'd better go for the Italkit 70cm3, because this will be my first setup.

So the parts:

Cylinder: Italkit 70cm3 LC Piaggio.
Variator: Malossi Multivar 2000.
Clutch: Malossi Delta Clutch.
Exhaust: LeoVince HandMade RR.

Will these parts match for working togheter, I Dont want to make this setupping too confusing because it will be first setup and so on.

airwalk3r said:
Ah its so confusing, im noob to. I'd better go for the Italkit 70cm3, because this will be my first setup.

So the parts:

Cylinder: Italkit 70cm3 LC Piaggio.
Variator: Malossi Multivar 2000.
Clutch: Malossi Delta Clutch.
Exhaust: LeoVince HandMade RR.

Will these parts match for working togheter, I Dont want to make this setupping too confusing because it will be first setup and so on.

I would rather use some better exhaust than Leo Vinci... for example Hebo Performer or Big one sport... And about crankshaft? No it is up to you... if you will chnage it will be better for your scooter but if you leve there original one I think the scooter must drive quite a lot km with it too

I use the stage 6 racing cylinder on my runner and when i had the yasuni C16 exhaust that was FAST (on the road ;)) fast enough for me anyway but that would require changing crankshaft but its worth it :)

Well I came to situation like this:

1 MULTIVAR 2000 MALOSSI €66.74
1 70CC STAGE6 RACING €171.08
1 DELTA CLUTCH MALOSSI €79,90EUR

What about crankshaft, Jebiah told me that i have to change it, which one is good and cheap, I cant afford C16 so will anyone tell me some exhaust what is cheaper and good enough. I would be very thankful if someone reply fast, so I can get list and prices for my setup and order parts :).

Sorry, Im Noob , this is my first setup in my life so, I want very much advice for this tuning.

Last edited:
If you ask me, I would'nt worry about the crank.

A friend of mine was running a NRG with tuned Evo LC, Yasuni C20, Italkit ignition + all the high-end stuff you normaly do in this class.
The crank was standard, and he drove this setup for almost a year before he changed to a Zip SP.

A fine setup for everyday use:
Athena/Stage6 Sporting.
Doppler S3R exhaust (Looks great, sounds great and performs okay).
Malossi Multivar 2000.
Malossi Delta Clutch.

For more power:
Stage6 Racing LC.
Malossi Delta Clutch.
Malossi Multivar 2000.
19mm D'O Black Edition.
Malossi VL13.
And then save up some money and buy yourself an Evo gen. 7 exhaust.

That setup should run okay - But I would also recommend to change the drivebelt and the the torque driver.

If It was me, I'd go for the everyday use setup - It'll probaly deliver enough power for you.

/Swobber

I Czech republic we have better results with Hebo parts.... I would choose Hebo Manston replica cylinder, Hebo soprt crank and Hebo Manston replica II exhaust. Or maybe crankshaft from Alfaerre. One friend of mine drive this setup and the scooter goes like a hell....

pavel.tenista said:
I Czech republic we have better results with Hebo parts.... I would choose Hebo Manston replica cylinder, Hebo soprt crank and Hebo Manston replica II exhaust. Or maybe crankshaft from Alfaerre. One friend of mine drive this setup and the scooter goes like a hell....
As far as Im known, the Manstn Replica cylinder is the same as S6R/AR.
Same portmap and manufactuer.

I have'nt tried the Replica II exhaust, so I cant argue with or against you.

/Swobber

Swobber said:
As far as Im known, the Manstn Replica cylinder is the same as S6R/AR.
Same portmap and manufactuer.

I have'nt tried the Replica II exhaust, so I cant argue with or against you.

/Swobber

surely it has much more power than Big One Racing, Yasuni R,Tecnigas SRS, Hebo Performer... The man who helps me with my scoot was testting all theese exhausts and Replica II was the winner. Some people say that it should have the same or maybe bigger power than yasuni C20...

Back