aerox evo2, dellorto PHBG 21mm throttle sticking full speed all of a sudden at random

david14a05

Hello.

I have a yamaha aerox with a dellorto PHBG 21mm carb.

I have done around 10000 km on the bike but the carb has only been used for about 2000km.

One day as im riding my throttle sticks at full throttle and brakes couldnt stop me. Good job i hit the kill switch.

I have tryed oiling my throttle cable incase water got too it.

I have even taken my carb slide out to inspect but cant figure out whats causing it to stick randomly. also i dismantled the throttle grip and re-greased it.

Is there anyone out there who has any ideas of what could cause this to happen to my throttle. maybe wear and tear?. rust?

I also noticed my top gasket on the carb is broken into pieces maybe causing a vacume through the carb slide.

I have ran out of ideas of what it might be.

it is realy dangerous to even ride my bike if this is happening. last resort would be to buy a new slide, spring and throttle assembly.

thanks for reading, replys, ideas and help would be realy apretiated

;(

Advertisement - register to remove this

Inspect the cable in full length. It may have been rubbing something for those 10000km's and the outer shell (Dunno what it's really called.) has broken & is stopping it from returning to idle position.
If it happened, you could twist the throttle back or was it stuck?

Inspect the cable in full length. It may have been rubbing something for those 10000km's and the outer shell (Dunno what it's really called.) has broken & is stopping it from returning to idle position.
If it happened, you could twist the throttle back or was it stuck?

when it happened the throttle would feel extremely light as if it wasnt atatched to anything then if i waited it would eventually be a normal throttle (wire tight and slide moving up and down ). it always happens about 10- 15 mins of riding it.

i tryed to fix it by oiling the whole cable. it felt much better when playing with it. then took it for a ride it randomly stick and i go steaming out of control. quite scary lol. the only things i can posible think of is 1) cable worn, 2)outer casing worn? 3) gasket missing off the top off my carb were the carb slide is slotted into carb 4) freezing weather causing it to sieze when moisture is sucked into carb realy fast.

I have tryed loads things. but i just need advice on when to do next. because it could be something simple instead of me buying whole new throttle assembly and carb slide as i am afraide off riding on public streets with a bike that has a mind of its own.

thanks for you reply 9||6

the problem can be the carburetor. the carb slide is glideing over a small nail that does not allow it to rotate. the slide may happen to jam in the glideing nail. try to chamfer the edges of the nail and check if it moves.

the problem can be the carburetor. the carb slide is glideing over a small nail that does not allow it to rotate. the slide may happen to jam in the glideing nail. try to chamfer the edges of the nail and check if it moves.

i think i know what you mean is it like a guiding rail that keeps the slide faceing the right way. would a small file work do you think. do you think i shold put my rev limiter back into my bike just incase it does stick on full speed when i test it? because last time my brakes couldnt stop me lol

thank you for your help:#

Back