Aerox roller size& main jet tuning question.

Aerox_enthusiast

Hello all,
I've recently completed my setup on Yamaha aerox 50cc containing :
70cc Malossi sport Kit
Stage 6 replica derestricted exhaust
Geforce 3 reed valve
17.5 PHVA Delorto carb
Multivar 2000 with x3 4.5g and x3 5g rollers
110mm clutch with blue spring and red central spring
Main jet 98
Snorkel from the airbox removed + stage6 filter.
Needle 1 position below the middle(a.k.a more richer).
The scooter pulls a lot slower than the youtube videos I watched of people using the same cylinder kit. I know every scooter is specific, but can you give me directions on what to do to improve it since appreanly I'm doing something wrong?

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hello all,
I've recently completed my setup on Yamaha aerox 50cc containing :
70cc Malossi sport Kit
Stage 6 replica derestricted exhaust
Geforce 3 reed valve
17.5 PHVA Delorto carb
Multivar 2000 with x3 4.5g and x3 5g rollers
110mm clutch with blue spring and red central spring
Main jet 98
Snorkel from the airbox removed + stage6 filter.
Needle 1 position below the middle(a.k.a more richer).
The scooter pulls a lot slower than the youtube videos I watched of people using the same cylinder kit. I know every scooter is specific, but can you give me directions on what to do to improve it since appreanly I'm doing something wrong?
Could you specify a bit more regarding the scooter’s performance?

Does it bog? Does it stutter? There isn’t much to elaborate on if you only provide us with “it’s slow”

Really sorry.
What I can feel is that 0-30 km/h is perfect and then the scooter is like over-revs but has little acceleration. The revving continues until 60 km/h and it stops there without accelerating further.

Really sorry.
What I can feel is that 0-30 km/h is perfect and then the scooter is like over-revs but has little acceleration. The revving continues until 60 km/h and it stops there without accelerating further.
Not a problem at all,

Well if you’re ped performs fine from 0-30 you’ve probably got your carb setup right except for maybe some fine tuning down the line, the over revving is probably because of a contra spring that is too firm as Sparky mentioned. I personally think thst the rollers are roughly the correct weight, otherwise your scooter would under rev when picking up speed in the first place.

I personally think thst the rollers are roughly the correct weight, otherwise your scooter would under rev when picking up speed in the first place.
When i understand the text of @Aerox_enthusiast right, his scooter is over revving so the roller weight are not heavy enough to push the vario halfs together and to overcome the stifness or the central clutch spring at the speed they suppose to do.
In other words, the scooter is in a too low gear, so to speak and stays in a too low gear until it reaches 60 km/h.

But i am no expert on the tuning subject, so i could be wrong.

Last edited:
When i understand the text of @Aerox_enthusiast right, his scooter is over revving so the roller weight are not heavy enough to push the vario halfs together and to overcome the stifness or the central clutch spring at the speed they suppose to do.
In other words, the scooter is in a too low gear, so to speak and stays in a too low gear until it reaches 60 km/h.

But i am no expert on the tuning subject, so i could be wrong.
In my personal experience with minarelli LC 4 to 4.5 grams should be good on setups like these.

Back