Yamaha Jog r 50cc 52 plate

ben thomson

I have a yamaha jog r 50cc 52 plate and is deristricted viper pipe on it and have a 70cc yamaha carb on it.. This is all that has been done to it

I get 40mph out of it and barley and more downhill..

i am going to get a k n airfilter for it sooooooon and would like to know HOW DO YOU DERISTRICT THE VARIATOR??

Do you replace a bit? or just take it off?? can you help...

i also have a 70cc yamaha jog r barrel and piston i might change it on there... any reccomendations and help would be much appreciated.

this is my first post and mabe my last.. further help would be appppreciated in an email on simply_smashit@hotmail.com

thanks...

BEN

Advertisement - register to remove this

Derestrict the variator

Look at the wear marks on the variator from the belt . If they are within 3/8 to 1/4 inch from the outer diameter then the variator may already be de ristricted. If the amount unworn is much greater 3/8" then remove the nut holding the variator on , remove the outer variator half, look for a spacer washer on the crankshaft. If there is a spacer or shim close to the outer half then remove it and place it behind the cam plate on the crank. Then reassemble . Your belt will now drive up further on the pulleys.
Also if you put a K N air filter on your stock carb re jetting is usually required.

Back