stage 6 forks

Tom91

hello,

im interested in gettin the stage 6 forks but unsure if i could make them fit just wondering if eney one has made them to fit on a aprilia sr50 (05-56)
could you let me no if you have done it plz need a pair of forks quick lol
thanks Tom

Advertisement - register to remove this

Sure U could

hello,

im interested in gettin the stage 6 forks but unsure if i could make them fit just wondering if eney one has made them to fit on a aprilia sr50 (05-56)
thanks Tom

I have adapted the aerox fork legs to fit on my runner very hard process but since you have an aprilia should be alot simpler to do. Tree clamping area diameter needs to be no more then 30mm for best fit. ps take note of where your wheel axle mounts either foward of the fork leg or behind.

My wheelbase shortedned 2 inches ;-) meaning quicker turn in and steering.

GOOD LUCK TOM

you could wait till the S6 releases their foks purpose made for the runner... both gilera and aprilla are owned by piaggio so im sure their parts are interchangable... i imagine it would be alot less work to get the runner ones to fit.

hello,

thanks Tom

the diameter of the innerlegs is exactly the same (aerox>SR)

But the wheelshaft is behind the legs instead of the front.
so it's gonna look like you're scooter got crashed.

you could wait till the S6 releases their foks purpose made for the runner... both gilera and aprilla are owned by piaggio so im sure their parts are interchangable... i imagine it would be alot less work to get the runner ones to fit.

No they are not interchangable. paiggio just mounter their motor in the aprillia frame. u can adapt the fork legs to the aprillia with some thinking for the runner it was much more complex to do.

But it was worth it in the end boy them stage 6 forks are a dream. Tom go ahead and buy the fork legs but wat u need to do is find out if your front axle is the same diamter and length as the aerox if this is so u will have alot easier install then i did.

Good luck!

Also WEBBY No offence but if u aint got an aerox stage 6 comes to your bike last ive bin questioning bout them forks for a year now season was coming so i made my own stage 6 forks. They work great maybe i will get the purpose built ones when they come out but they are not even on the runner yet i can tell u this. They still gotta finish the complete for for the aerox and the adjustable tree.

But the suspension performs flawless

Thanks for the information think i will order them and will the way the wheelshaft is behind the legs instead of the front affect my handlig at all? Thanks Tom

Yes

Thanks for the information think i will order them and will the way the wheelshaft is behind the legs instead of the front affect my handlig at all? Thanks Tom

It being behind the leg brings the wheelbase shorter. It wont look like u crashed it too bad on my runner looks a lil funny depending on the angle.

U gotta measure how much clearance u already have between the wheel and the front flairing first. Mines moves back about 2 and a half inches.

Quicker steer in and it will come put way more forces right on top of the front wheel so ull have to adjust a little bit your riding style possibly.

The back on my bike became a lil lighter under hard hard braking but its managable.

I have all r/t suspension trust its worth it in the end but make sure u take that measurement so you dont find out when u get your forks ya rim is touching your underbelly/front flaring.

Last edited:
It being behind the leg brings the wheelbase shorter. It wont look like u crashed it too bad on my runner looks a lil funny depending on the angle.

U gotta measure how much clearance u already have between the wheel and the front flairing first. Mines moves back about 2 and a half inches.

Quicker steer in and it will come put way more forces right on top of the front wheel so ull have to adjust a little bit your riding style possibly.

The back on my bike became a lil lighter under hard hard braking but its managable.

I have all r/t suspension trust its worth it in the end but make sure u take that measurement so you dont find out when u get your forks ya rim is touching your underbelly/front flaring.

ihave just got the forks and the wheel is touching the underbelly/front flating :mad: so the only thing i can think of is cut the area where it is touching off? what do u think?

had same issue

ihave just got the forks and the wheel is touching the underbelly/front flating :mad: so the only thing i can think of is cut the area where it is touching off? what do u think?

Make sure they are not sliding any in the tree and if this is so yes cut. fork should be at the top of the shaft. PS. did u measure the total wheelbase before u ordered the forks. its about 2.5 to 2.9 inches shorter. take the underbelly off and take photo's from a sideview so we can see wat it looks like

One picture with original fork legs one and wheel and other with new fork legs on and put both measurements wiht the pictures via paint or photoshop

Make sure they are not sliding any in the tree and if this is so yes cut. fork should be at the top of the shaft. PS. did u measure the total wheelbase before u ordered the forks. its about 2.5 to 2.9 inches shorter. take the underbelly off and take photo's from a sideview so we can see wat it looks like

One picture with original fork legs one and wheel and other with new fork legs on and put both measurements wiht the pictures via paint or photoshop

they fit fine in the tree the only problem is the tyre touching the plastics and i will get some pictures for you but i will only have them some time next week because im still building the engine up so once i have put it back in the bike i will take some and show you them Thanks Tom

they fit fine in the tree the only problem is the tyre touching the plastics and i will get some pictures for you but i will only have them some time next week because im still building the engine up so once i have put it back in the bike i will take some and show you them Thanks Tom

Ok man thanks for the reply hmmm gotta get back to u sooner if not if your wheelbase is too too short i will buyt he fork legs off u and find out what ones my friend has he has a different set that are also good. But there should be a fix for it the plastics where touching on my runner as well when we first mounted the forks.

ok im sure i can fix it some way ill upload some pics as soon as i can so u can have a look but what will happen if the wheelbase is too too short? Thanks Tom

ok im sure i can fix it some way ill upload some pics as soon as i can so u can have a look but what will happen if the wheelbase is too too short? Thanks Tom

Could be too unstable mines shortened gave the bike quicker steering but the back has a tendency to become light which aint a problem for me cause im use to that anyway with the shitty stock suspension like i said once u have that measurement for me and pics i can see wats wat. U can only try it and decide though man really mines touched at first also but only while rolling. we had to adjust the suspension for that

Even possibly if u have to turn the stem around to get the space back cause its offset on the minarelli i think on piaggio it is not.

Could be too unstable mines shortened gave the bike quicker steering but the back has a tendency to become light which aint a problem for me cause im use to that anyway with the shitty stock suspension like i said once u have that measurement for me and pics i can see wats wat. U can only try it and decide though man really mines touched at first also but only while rolling. we had to adjust the suspension for that

Even possibly if u have to turn the stem around to get the space back cause its offset on the minarelli i think on piaggio it is not.

hello i have measured the wheel base and with the stage 6 legs on its 122cm and with the standard legs on its 127cm i still need to take some pictures but carnt get mybike outside because of the weather so ill get some as soon as i can Thanks Tom

hello i have measured the wheel base and with the stage 6 legs on its 122cm and with the standard legs on its 127cm i still need to take some pictures but carnt get mybike outside because of the weather so ill get some as soon as i can Thanks Tom

Hmmm i think i need explain more wat your measuring for but will explain more pm me or email me spongdidy@hotmail.com will let u know wat i mean.

Back