Problem with Malossi 70cc on PureJet

So if the color of the plug is good, light brown/brown last time I checked I think, then it's ok to run with the new air filter, right?

I was thinking of getting Malossi E5/E13 or something like that.

I guess it is. You can check also the colour of the piston dome.
Any filter that has a dense foam could be good, you may apply some oil to it.
An straight intake manifold would also look nice.)

roost

No, this is for Morini DITECh! It's a shame for this brand but all of the new Giannelli's exhausts are restricted except the Shot!

Got another question for you. Can one mount a Malossi Boost Bottle or what you call it on a PureJet?

ag-526.jpg

I took the transmission apart without any problem. But I can't get that damn gear of so I can change it. I've tried a gear puller with no luck. I tried heating up the gear a bit and pulling it but without any luck. It won't move a bit. Got any tips on getting it of?

My way:
you need a
50.jpg
. Place a piece of aluminium on one side and a distancer that will hold the bigger gear. Apply pressure to the
50.jpg
, if the small gear does not come out then hammer on the mooving part of the
50.jpg
in the axial direction of the gears. The small gear should popp out a little bit. Repeat this procedure until the gears are apart.
Then heat the malossi gear to about 150°C and insert the smaller gear in the hole, use a small hammer to insert the small gear in to the bigger gear as much as it goes. Then use the
50.jpg
procedure in the opposite direction until the gears are together.
I did it this way a 1000 times, never a problem, just be sure that everything is correctly aligned.
The
50.jpg
should be quite strong also.

You may have noticed that I don't have the slightest idea what an
50.jpg
is called in english:)

Hmm! I think you don't need a hammer, or heating (but if you heat it will be easier). You only need a massive puller. I have this one, and I can change any gears, big bearings, etc..

1500.jpg

Yeah, it's called a vice(vise US).

I have a vice at work that I was thinking about using.

gearpush.jpg

Thinking about doing like in the picture, not good but you get the point I hope. :)
When I push the vice together the pipe/tube will push of the big gear, which is the only one I have to get of to change. Then I'll take the pipe/tube to the other side to push the new gear inplace. What do you think?

I haven't seen any good massive gear pullers around here. Isn't there a risk of breaking something if one uses to much force? Like with a big puller. The gear is about 60cm in diameter.

How do you know when it's 150°C?

Jamo365 said:
Yeah, it's called a vice(vise US).

I have a vice at work that I was thinking about using.

http://www.mbseb.com/gearpush.jpg

Thinking about doing like in the picture, not good but you get the point I hope. :)
When I push the vice together the pipe/tube will push of the big gear, which is the only one I have to get of to change. Then I'll take the pipe/tube to the other side to push the new gear inplace. What do you think?

I haven't seen any good massive gear pullers around here. Isn't there a risk of breaking something if one uses to much force? Like with a big puller. The gear is about 60cm in diameter.

How do you know when it's 150°C?

You can't break anything, this puller is very massive, and the gears, axles were hardened. I use it for scooter gears a lot. You can use an air presser too.

Yes your method is good too, with the vice! 150°C is not an accurate value it can be 149°C too:):) But if you spit on the gear and it's fizzle then it's hot enouhg, but I use a multimeter with temp sensor!

Well, I've changed it. It did made it better, but he's still choking.
Now it's like this. Up to around 50-55km/h it goes well, but from 55km/h to almost full gas it chokes. If I run him not on full gas for a while and then pull full gas he chokes for a while also, but if I keep him running on full gas for a while he starts to go clean without any choking. If I stop running him on full gas he starts to choke again. Any idea what could be the problem?

I haven't changed any weights or anything like that.
I have only mounted the Malossi 70cc kit and the Malossi Primary Gears.

I'm starting to regret buying the PureJet version.

Edit: Forgot to write that I've taken out the restriction in the gear/variator and in the air supply and ECU.

Last edited:
Last time I checked the airfilter it was clean. The sparkplug is pretty new, about 1 week old. I'll take out the sparkplug and clean it a bit tomorrow.

I forgot to tell something.

I tried to install the petal set for the reed valve (277054.C0) that came with the cylinder kit, but one of them was a bit crooked. I thought I fixed it by slightly bending it, but after a while riding with them the one that was crooked broke apart. So I installed the original one on that side of the reed valve instead. Could this cause the choking?
I'm waiting for the hole new Malossi reed valve with new patel set.

roost, If you have time and can, would you check with your friend that has the PureJet to tell you exactly what he has changed/done on his? weights/sparkplug, everything.

Thanks in advance, Jamo365

He changed the kit, reeds and gears. Is the software on yours unlocked?
The engine run well. Then we changed the exhaust and slightly lighter weights.

Try to give some time to the engine to adapt. You can try also to reduce the gap on the sparkplug electrodes. And also try running with the airfilter off.

It should be unlocked yes. I was at the dealer where I bought the scooter and he reseted to factory default, so I guess that it is unlocked. I noticed a big difference when he reseted the software. I think the engine gets to much fuel, maybe because to little air. Because I hear a sound sometimes in the exhaust like it would like to spit out fuel. Don't know how to describe it better.

You said he changed the reeds. Did he install the ones from the cylinder kit, or did he buy the whole reed valve from malossi separate?

Does he use the Denso U31ETR sparkplug?

Jamo365 said:
It should be unlocked yes. I was at the dealer where I bought the scooter and he reseted to factory default, so I guess that it is unlocked. I noticed a big difference when he reseted the software. I think the engine gets to much fuel, maybe because to little air. Because I hear a sound sometimes in the exhaust like it would like to spit out fuel. Don't know how to describe it better.

You said he changed the reeds. Did he install the ones from the cylinder kit, or did he buy the whole reed valve from malossi separate?

Does he use the Denso U31ETR sparkplug?

Maybe it can help you:

http://www.angelfire.com/space/csdority/scootnfast/General/Choking_Ditechs.htm

Back