Polini Ignition on Piaggio not working right

LaLLe

Hello
I've got my self a Polini Ignition, and installed it exactly as the manuals tells me to. That required med to grind down the mounting point for the ignition coils to allow the correct distance. I get a very very weak spark which isn't enough to start the engine. Is the ignition defect on arrival or has any of you any advice i should try.
Right now I seem to have tried it all. A lot of distance between flywheel and ignition. Closer than described, nothings generating any spark.

And isn't I correct in understanding that to get a spark i don't have to have the lights wired up to the ignition?
Please anyhelp on this matter. So far I've never heard of the Polini ignition working on Piaggio!

Advertisement - register to remove this

I have installed a polini ignition once without any problems. Almost all colors of the cables are the same as the cables of the scooter. There was only one cable with a totally different color than the cable it had to be connected with, so that can't go wrong. After installing it worked perfect.

Hmm the only one that is a different color is the orange as far as i remember. The rest matches the original wirering. And the orange is for the ignition key, or in my case a kill switch.

Did it work without the other wires except the ones to produce a spark or didn't you try that?

Back