50-60 degrees is max power output
when the temperature increases your power drops significantly

you can quite easily run it as far as 70 degrees but your power will be down

Eoin70 said:
nope its easy to keep it at that temperature with correct cooling

50-60 degrees is max power output
when the temperature increases your power drops significantly

you can quite easily run it as far as 70 degrees but your power will be down

So i guess my original aerox radiator is to small for cooling all that heat.
Should i add/get bigger radiator? or the original will be enough?
(note israel in the summer is hottt)

well with aerox radiator and electric pump my engine used to be at 70-80 degrees almsot instantly after some hard riding long spells on full throttle

with std cooling system some people say it reaches only 55 degrees max
my frined with his evo 70 and aerox rad and std colling mechanism his evo wont come over 55degrees

but basically yes you need a bigger rad

i mean standard cooling from the crankshaft pump

electric water pump from my experience has some advantages its very reliable the normal cooling system with high rpm's wil leak often

i have found that electric water pump provides worse cooling at high rpm

So you say that the water pump at minarlli engines isnt reliable at high rpms,
but it cools the engine better at high RPMs then electric one?

I dont really want to fix the waterpump every week, but using battries
isnt sound like a good soulotion for me. i'm going to ride it a bit on the
streets, and i dont really want to find out far from my house that i dont
have cooling for my engine ;-)

the reason the electric water pumps aernt any good at the higher rpms is because there speed is restricted by there motor size, while the crankshaft driven pump spins at the same speed as the scooter engine.

why not mount the electric water pump on the pipe that is coming out of the radiator and into the crank driven water pump. if it was mounted on the pipe that goes to the cylinder and then to radiator i would think that at high rpms, which the elctric pump cant spin at, it would hinder the flowing of water as the engine would be pushing the coolant at its speed and then it would get to the electric pump and have to slow down so that it can go through.

Mexicano said:
Which is "normal" head temperature for minareli air cooled engines (Stock)?

Thanks,

Depends on the position where the temperature is measured.

Using a under spark sensor, you'll probably measure under 100 deg C with a stock engine ...

De temperatuur van me pa's fireblade is altijd tussen de 79 en 86 graden.
Leek me dus voor een scooter ook wel zoiets.

Kan iemand me er nog wat meningen over geven???????

The temperature of my dad's Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade is always between 79 en 86 degrees. Most likely its the same for a scooter.

More oppinions please.

Joel:

Thanks for your opinion, I made a welded port into the head and bolted a water temp sender, take a look:

http://img29.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc026583nk.jpg

My engine is 125 c.c. tuned, 12.5:1 compression ratio and using regular pump gas (92 octane) temperatures are:

80°C-90°C crusing at 60-70 Kph for 2 hours.
100°C if climbing at full throtle (80Kph)
95°C-105°C runing flat road at full throtle (120 Kmh) for 20 minutes.

Altitude in Mexico is 2,500Mts. over sea level, my scooter is 105 Kgs. heavy and I'm a big guy with 100 Kgs.

I just wanted to know the "normal" temp in stock scooter to compare with my readings, what do you think?

With a tuned EVO 70 AC you can go as high as 160ºC. If you reach 180º you're cooked. Normal 70cc cilinder temp at spark plug is arround 120º on an sunny country like Portugal.
Tha place you put the sender on is very important....the closer to spark the better for accurate reading.
About LC I can't keep my EVO LC under 70ºC even in winter with mechanical water pump....how can you make it stay 55ºC...that's temp at idle....

Mexicano said:
Joel:

Thanks for your opinion, I made a welded port into the head and bolted a water temp sender, take a look:

http://img29.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc026583nk.jpg

My engine is 125 c.c. tuned, 12.5:1 compression ratio and using regular pump gas (92 octane) temperatures are:

80°C-90°C crusing at 60-70 Kph for 2 hours.
100°C if climbing at full throtle (80Kph)
95°C-105°C runing flat road at full throtle (120 Kmh) for 20 minutes.

Altitude in Mexico is 2,500Mts. over sea level, my scooter is 105 Kgs. heavy and I'm a big guy with 100 Kgs.

I just wanted to know the "normal" temp in stock scooter to compare with my readings, what do you think?

It's hard to compare your readings with mine, your sensor is in a place where the reading is way less direct. Surely your numbers will be lower than measured under the sparkplug.

If you want to know what temperature provides enough durability on a high power setup, you'll have to disconnect the cylinderhead from time to time and look carefully to the head and piston. Use a magnifying glass to study the edge of the piston and spark plug.

This way I know that on my LC engine I must stay under 130 deg C (measured under spark plug) to keep durability. AC engines can go up to 170-180 deg C while staying durable.

See also the post of Cruz_e_Silva.

Back