MHR and EVO jetting - TM24...

butch-182

Killerteam Racing
Hey all, Right got 2 questions this time ! :O Hehe.. Ok here it goes.

A friend of mine has:
mhr team cyl
mhr team exhaust
malossi overrange
polini 2g clutch
mikuni TM24 (stage6) blah... And is concerned on what jets to start off with, then go down to and how many he will need.
Secondly i am using the exact carb on my full evo setup, so im woundering what jet sizes should i start with also.. How many jets to get? Will i need anything else... 1st time at proper carb tuning, used to tune my go-ped and mates remote controlled cars... Moving on to big boy toys now ;)

Thanks all! Really appreicated!

Advertisement - register to remove this

I was having my Evo with the Mikuni TM24 running well @ 180 main jet, needle clip @ top, and the take off jet (dunno how you call it) @ 17.5 and the air screw 0.5 open.
I could've gone to 170 or 160 main probaply, but I didn't have them at that time so I don't know, but it was running fine already anyway like that.

Ok cool what exhaust and crank did u have also? what jet did u start off at, and did you do the method where you give it full throttle then cut check the plug etc...? should i just go straight to your sizes? do you mean the idle jet? thanks!

butch-182 said:
Ok cool what exhaust and crank did u have also? what jet did u start off at, and did you do the method where you give it full throttle then cut check the plug etc...? should i just go straight to your sizes? do you mean the idle jet? thanks!
start with jets that come with it then change after...

start off with 200 to be safe.
Checking the sparkplug is an option, but I do it more on feeling, only when i'm about to go real lean I check the spark to see if it's not becomming grey

Ok thats cool, what jets come with the carb, and why dont scoter attack sell up to 200, they do to like 150 i think.... Not good, what other jets...

no, that's beceause the sizes of the Stage6 mikuni carb are diffrent again, 150 might actually be way over 200 in real mikuni size already, i'm not sure then about which sizes you should start off with...

Arkgh this is why i was so confuzed anyone know at all? Any help AGAIN will be much appreicated! Start off with a what? Thank you :)

butch-182 said:
Arkgh this is why i was so confuzed anyone know at all? Any help AGAIN will be much appreicated! Start off with a what? Thank you :)

start with the one you get in the carb then get a bigger or smaller if it needs! :)
And if you don't know wheter you shall go up or down, buy load of them! Every motor is unique!

Back