Loss of power

NrgPower50

Hi, i have a problem with my 05 NRG power a/c, currently derestricted, 5.0g rollers and a leo vince zx exhaust, i lose a lot of power at low revs and it takes a while to kick in, it basically doesnt hit the revs it needs to get going properly, i usually start going properly at around 7000rpm but it will get to around 5000rpm and then just stop there and i hardly move, if i stop on a slight hill and try to go again i barely move, is becoming a big problem, does anybody have any suggestions as to what it could be? thanks

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

does it get to 5000 revs and then bog down and then doesnt pick back up? When did you put the rollers in?

Yeah that sounds about right it takes a while to pick back up, and i put the rollers in brand new when i changed the exhaust about a month and a half ago

Has it always done this since the new pipe and roller combo?

Sounds like you need more toward 4g weights...or stronger clutch springs.

Yeah has always done this since new pipe and rollers, was not like it before, have ordered new clutch springs... i need stronger ones then? will get some 4g rollers aswell if you think it will help, thanks

if you can rev it up a bit before it engages your springs are ok. the rollers def sound like the problem.

Spacing on the front variator is critical too...when you tighten the nut, how much threads are showing? Your halves might be to close together....try puting a washer in between, it will help you keep rpms up.

Back