Is it ok to run auto-lube on my Mhr Aerox??

Eoin70

i use my scooter for going to college everyday and i find it very in-convienient
to have to carry around Litres of 2-stroke oil for mixing petrol.

Is it safe to run the Auto Lube system considering my scooter does 120Kph?

I usually dont ride it that fast neway. I always use Fully synthetic 2-STROKE

PLEASE REPLY SOON

Advertisement - register to remove this

The autolube from the aerox makes a 2% (more or less) misture - it's the same as mine Rally Aprilia. I used my autolube in my EVO70 until some days ago and the cilinder is ok. I've trashed the cilinder some times getting 120-125 for long straights (about 1,5kms) and everything was ok with an autolube system.The only reason because I've taken it out is the need for an extra plug in the keihin carb. So I carry not the litre of oil can but a small bottle with 110cc of oil...that's 5,5liters of gas in a 2% mixture.

The airsal cylinder comes with instructions that say if you change the cylinder and a larger carb to remove the oil pump and premix!

This is with a Cheap airsal... I'd imagine that the MHR cylinder should require the same...

spyware said:
The airsal cylinder comes with instructions that say if you change the cylinder and a larger carb to remove the oil pump and premix!

This is with a Cheap airsal... I'd imagine that the MHR cylinder should require the same...
hahahahahahaha Spy i knew you would be on this topic. lol, watch this, use the auto lube when you run a steetbike its just more easy. oh yeah spy you cannot cancel out this topic, hahahahahaha. of course the companies are going to say premix, these are race parts and are not for street use, they are just covering their ass.

Also, many scooters (like the Yamaha Vino) don't have adjustable oil pumps. So like Rydah said, it's a CYA thing. If your pump has an adjustable cable nut, then set it so the cam is opening BEFORE the carb slide is raising.

Why do you hate the Airsail? Maybe you don't have it set up right or with the right combo of parts.

So your answer is yes its ok.

i think i will use the auto lube system and then premix my petrol with small amount of oil from a tiny container. I think 2% is too low i prefer maybe
3% to be safe. Can you suggest any cheap high quality 2 stroke oils?

scootertrog said:
Why do you hate the Airsail? Maybe you don't have it set up right or with the right combo of parts.

Me? I don't hate Airsal... just that they are the "cheap" cylinder on the market compaired to other brands...

Nothing wrong with Airsal as an entry/start cylinder...

As well... If your gonna premix... then premix...

if your gonna use the oil pump system... then use it!

What's the point of doing both? Over lubing!?

Just a thought anyway... As I guess I'm wrong! Rydah! LOL! No worries... this one was brought up on another scooter forum... I disagree with lube pump on a upgraded cylinder... and other don't... So CYA or not.. it's your call... No one but you can make the choice for your scooter...

You can always use the auto lube and if you want to ensure your cylinders health you can still run @ 1% oilmixture. So you have to carry like 0.1l oil for 10l gasoline :)

Back