Hyosung SD 50 Sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Swede

Hello guys!

I have been looking around the internet on how to make my Hyosung Sense go faster but I cant find how to do it anywhere.

I have read something about cutting a blue cable under the "hood" on the front, but I have tried that and nothing happens...

Found a bunch of pages on foreign languages but not on any language I can understand so I was hoping any of you guys knew how?

So any help would be greatly apprisiated!

Thank you!

/Swede

Advertisement - register to remove this

Looks like this scoot is an air cooled Minareli two stroke engine type, isn't it?

If it is, you can tune it almost as you do with Yamahas.

Start with a bigger carb, a full flow air filter, a better reed cage and a pipe.

Maybe you can show some pictures of exhaust system (at the cylinder port) and from intake manifold, just to confirm the configuration.

LOL.... I have one of these in my workshop for a customer right now. I had to totally rebuild and paint it. (Dodge Viper Red & silver). I know you can get a few pipes for it, but I really feel the framework & brakes are too weak to hop this scoot up very much. Is your mind made up about doing this scoot? I would not feel very safe going 60 mph on this scoot.

scootertrog said:
LOL.... I have one of these in my workshop for a customer right now. I had to totally rebuild and paint it. (Dodge Viper Red & silver). I know you can get a few pipes for it, but I really feel the framework & brakes are too weak to hop this scoot up very much. Is your mind made up about doing this scoot? I would not feel very safe going 60 mph on this scoot.

so what is the engine? Minarelli or Morini?

Shoot, it looks more like a Minarelli, but there are a few little differences, like the exhaust "slips" into the jug a little bit before the flange. The intake manifold is like a Kymco or Peugeot, and utilizes a flanged carb. The magneto/stator/fan assy resembles the Minarelli.
This scooter was so trashed, we just ordered a complete new drivetrain assy from Hyosung, so I didn't pay much attention to the inner details once I saw that the crank was fubar.

Thank you guys for the replies... but I was thinking more of cutting the blue cable in teh CDI box and removing the washer on the driveshaft... will make it go abit faster...

You guys are way to seriouse for my needs ;)

But thanks anyway!

just a quick question is there any chance off gettin plastic panels for my sd50 sense sorry to jump in on this thread but havin problems lookin and phoning around and not havin any luck finding them :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back