Has anyone ceramic coated a scooter exhaust?

Advertisement - register to remove this

There is no real point in doing that - you'll just get a heavier exhaust. It surely will become more rust resistant but I think it's not worth the effort and the money.

I know some turbocharged cars have ceramic coating on their exhaust manifolds to keep the temperatures as low as possible in the engine compartment - a scoot doesn't need that.

Asking as we use ceramic coatings on our car.
DSC_0222.jpg

And less heat can always be a positive in some ways.
Cost for me not to worry I have friends in the business.

i have done so on my Polini Evo1 exhaust years ago, noticed a bit of performance improvement but i like the finish best. protecting your exjhaust pipe from rust & corrosion is an investment, 2stroke pipes aren't cheap.

tiba's got a good point, who wants to be spending £150-£200 every 6 months for a new pipe? even if you smother it in wd40 after everyride, i doesnt protect it from the elements....

Well today i am going to call and see how soon I can get it done as i am waiting for my carb parts to arrive from Dellorto anyway so what the heck.

Will advise once it is finished

Just called and it will cost be $40.00 and done in 3-4 days.

Think it is worth it!

Last edited:
Dropped off the main pipe and should have it by next Tuesday.I took a picture of the pipe before it went into the shop via my cell so i will take anotehr picture when I pick it up and post them.The shop just finished anotehr scoot pipe. Regular cost $125.00 for the average person.

hi mate we also use cermamic coating on are racing subaru.. i have already though of getting an exhaust done in the colting but i did think of the following things

• it obsorbs oil meaning if you have got dirty hand and you touch the exhaust you will not get it the oil/dirt off the exhaust like normal (meaning you have got a oil stain on the exhaust for ever or yoiu remove the layers of the colting)
  • the coating may keep to much heat in.. we can losses up to i think 125dergress on are turbo and exhaust..(that is heat that is being given off)
  • and it chips off so if stones or somethink hits it, it will chip and when it is chiped it will continue to chip easyly and they also grow
just some thinking to things

2547910977_5f1ac84054_o.jpg

cheers bys

Last edited:
I got the exhaust back and will take a few pictures.They plastic blast first then spray then polish in a shot machine with ceramic beeds to polish.Then a hand rubbed finish.

Chips ect I do not worry about for the amount of heat loss I will have as well as longer life from the pipe its worth the $40.00

Back