Fuel Octane for a Given Compression Ratio

Advertisement - register to remove this

i can't comment on this subject, all i can say is that right now i'm running the max compression ratio on my MHR Team cilinder & need to get hold of fuel that can handle that compression ratio & much more.

thanks but i know that already, the purity of tolouene in my place is highly questionable, most of the time when they repackage it they add some extenders like paraffins to increase volume but greatly degrade the quality & octane of tolouene. teh highest octane pump gas i can get here is 97 RON & with my current set-up my piston will self-destruct after a few runs. wish i have access to shell V-power 100 octane or 100LL aviation gas, i don't mind paying top dollar for race gas though. :drool:

too bad.....why you are not allow to get aviation fuel 100/120?

Here in Mexico we can get it with special permission if you demostrate you need it for rcing porpouses.

I mix 3pints Klotz Hitrate race fuel concentrate, 1pint Klotz R50 oil, and 4.6gal USA 93octane (R+M/2) unleaded gas. This is supposed to give 105octane leaded. Don't know about that, but I use a BR8ES plug in my stock Evo, which tells me the octane is there. I'm getting ready to advance my timing, and don't worry about it at all. I'll use a colder plug, though.

Mexicano said:
too bad.....why you are not allow to get aviation fuel 100/120?

Here in Mexico we can get it with special permission if you demostrate you need it for rcing porpouses.

i don't know anybody to approach in the aviation industry. as for ELF race fuel i know an ELF representative who's also a race organizer but if i order race fuel it must be in large volumes & i can barely afford getting another cilinder kit if i trash the one i'm using right now.

tiba_karotsu said:
i don't know anybody to approach in the aviation industry. as for ELF race fuel i know an ELF representative who's also a race organizer but if i order race fuel it must be in large volumes & i can barely afford getting another cilinder kit if i trash the one i'm using right now.
Then try the Aspen Race fuel.
Its only 102 octane, but it comes in 200, 25 and 5 liters.

Maybe the Sinoco race fuels are an option?
http://www.racegas.com/fuelspecs/default.asp

/Swobber

EDIT: Found a 120 octane fuel - Seriously you gotta save up some money for this!
http://www.vpracingfuels.com

Last edited:
Back