Derestricting engine

Deallean

Not sure if this is the right place for this...
I recently attempted to derestrict my 2005 Piaggio Typhoon by removing the ring between the two cones as outlined at the page http://homepage.ntlworld.com/fraser2...on/typhoon.htm . I took it apart following the instructions, and it looks like the ring was already removed. So I put it back together, put the key in the ignition, kick started it, and the engine started up, and it drove no problem. However when I attempted to start the engine using the electric start, the electric starter worked, it made a "WHEEE" sound, but it didnt turn over the engine. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Any help would be appreciated, I dont have alot of experience with scooters...

Advertisement - register to remove this

u posted to wrong place acctually but ok.. the problem is, that when u removed the variator there have must been some springs flying around from behind of place where rollers are.. it happened to friend once and i think u will hav to buy new electro-starter.. :)

just destruct everything again.. and take off whole variator.. including place where rollers are.. behind this ther is electro-starter u think.. just check if it looks ok..

Back