C3 vs. C4 Bearings?

Advertisement - register to remove this

The "C" rating stands for the clearance between the rings and rollers of the bearing. The greater the temperature variations the higher the C rating would be needed. C3 or C4 won't make much difference for a high rpm engine. However C4 would be preferable for a high-load engine.
Just stick to a known brand and everything will be fine (SKF, NSK,... )

Originally posted by Biohazard-[SF]-
But the guy sed the C4 make as much noise as the exhaust :S

SKF C3 bearings are good up to 18000 RPM, so I think C3 is good. C4 bearings are made for very high temperature (they have bigger clearance) so they are good for air cooled motors cause they can overheat, but the LC motors are not operate at this high temperature, C4 not only needless, but if you use it for only warm (and not extremly hot) motor then it will be flap and it's not good for the other parts!

Browni would u recormend i get C4? I will be running in 50/60 degrees weather... Spain... So thats already fairly warm...

The thing is, if i want C3 i have to special order, MK have a ready packed C4 with everything seals n that... Which would u recormend me? Will be running Polini Evo2 LC 12mm

Originally posted by Biohazard-[SF]-
Browni would u recormend i get C4? I will be running in 50/60 degrees weather... Spain... So thats already fairly warm...

The thing is, if i want C3 i have to special order, MK have a ready packed C4 with everything seals n that... Which would u recormend me? Will be running Polini Evo2 LC 12mm

Hmm Spain.. If you use in hot condition and pull full throttle every time then yes, use C4!

Back