Aerox needs more speed

smarty_boi

ive bourght a polini super speed 9 roller variator, yasuni z alu exhaust for my aerox and it still only dose the same speed of arround 57mph that it did when it had the standard variator(using 4.7gram rollers) & and crappy technigas exaust with holes in it. was hoping for a strong 60mph after the new variator and exhaust was fitted... but no, still the same speed as near standard

what small modifications can i do to boost the speed of my aerox to a strong 60mph?
-rollers?
-porting?

Any advise appreciated!

Advertisement - register to remove this

I think the problem is that you left the restriction in the Yasuni Z. It has a disk welded to it inside of the cylinder connection. Just rip that thing out of there. And some also have a restriction in the silencer. Take the silencer apart and take the wool off. Then you should see a tube, with holes in it, but from the side of the connection to the pipe, there may be a smaller tube in the tube with the holes. If there is such a thing remove that. You should also change the belt, because If it has been running a while with it, it does not give as much top speed as the new one.

Greets xz...

nope thats not the problem, ive taken all of the restrictions out of the exhaust and the ped. i have also fitted a new polini belt. how many miles does it take to wear a belt in?

Last edited:
i also have an aerox with the following mods;

Leo Vince TT exhaust pipe
Ueno Demon vario kit
Malossi TD
Malossi yellow vario spring
Malossi white clutchsprings
Polini 0,25mm carbonfiber reeds
Mikuni 16mm carb (BWS100)

topspeed i have with this setup is 90kmh, cilinder & gearing is still stock, no tuning has been done on the ports yet, i already have these tuning parts on hand waiting to be installed;

Polini 15/42 secondary gear kit
Polini Corsa pin10 crankshaft
Malossi Kevlar belt

i am still looking for a 70cc midrace kit, MHR Replica seems to be the idea kit for my setup but the Motoforce which looks very similar to the MHR Replica is looking very attractive (cheaper too) at the moment.

my goal is to hit 120kmh topspeed.

you say that you are going to buy a polini 15/42 secondary gear kit, what is the are the 2 numbers for the standard secondary gear kit on an aerox 50?
think a might have to invest in one

Last edited:
you say that you are going to buy a polini 15/42 secondary gear kit, what is the are the 2 numbers for the standard secondary gear kit on an aerox 50?
think a might have to invest in one

you misread my post, i already have the Polini gear kit.

stock secondary gearing is 14/42, it should change the final gear ratio to 11.2 (stock is 12.0).

does that mean you will get more speed or more acceleration with the new 15/42 polini gear kit

if the engine has enough power to pull the taller gearing you will have more topspeed, acceleration will decrease a bit if you don't change anything in the engine.

if you got more than enough power to pull the taller gearing the acceleration won't suffer so results will vary depending on how good you are at tuning.

sir the motoforce kit is it available in the philippines?

i also have an aerox with the following mods;

Leo Vince TT exhaust pipe
Ueno Demon vario kit
Malossi TD
Malossi yellow vario spring
Malossi white clutchsprings
Polini 0,25mm carbonfiber reeds
Mikuni 16mm carb (BWS100)

topspeed i have with this setup is 90kmh, cilinder & gearing is still stock, no tuning has been done on the ports yet, i already have these tuning parts on hand waiting to be installed;

Polini 15/42 secondary gear kit
Polini Corsa pin10 crankshaft
Malossi Kevlar belt

i am still looking for a 70cc midrace kit, MHR Replica seems to be the idea kit for my setup but the Motoforce which looks very similar to the MHR Replica is looking very attractive (cheaper too) at the moment.

my goal is to hit 120kmh topspeed.

do you think a 70 kit would be a Necessity if a did get a secondary gear up kit

it depends, a tuned stock 50cc kit can pull this gear kit that i'm very sure of but for now i just don't want to tune a perfectly good stock cilinder as i would rather have a 70cc midrace kit installed to bump up the power. i already have tuned lots of cilinders & engines in my life i just want this aerox to be different for a change.

yep, most of the italian 70cc kit available here are for race setup there is almost no midrace cylinder kit. i just wish someone would bring in the like of doppler, top performance, dr etc....

nope but i wish it was, it would be perfect for a roadbased engine setup, much cheaper than an MHR Rep, maybe i'll have to ask Beta675 to order the kit for me.

yep, most of the italian 70cc kit available here are for race setup there is almost no midrace cylinder kit. i just wish someone would bring in the like of doppler, top performance, dr etc....

there is metrakit sp2 available, it's the most powerful midrace kit at the moment but for my current setup the exhaust port is too big for my pipe, i want something smaller to go well with my LV pipe.

however the sp2 should work well with locally made pipes from Bulacan, i think you should consider the sp2 especially if you got a jog.

yep already considered the sp2 but the one for the aircooled cylinder is not made of aluminum and nikasil, lotsa trouble going liquid cooled i prefer a nikasil plated aluminum air cooled cylinder :)

there is metrakit sp2 available, it's the most powerful midrace kit at the moment but for my current setup the exhaust port is too big for my pipe, i want something smaller to go well with my LV pipe.

however the sp2 should work well with locally made pipes from Bulacan, i think you should consider the sp2 especially if you got a jog.

yep already considered the sp2 but the one for the aircooled cylinder is not made of aluminum and nikasil, lotsa trouble going liquid cooled i prefer a nikasil plated aluminum air cooled cylinder :)

that would be the handmade series cast iron cilinder from metrakit, malossi has an MHR Replica AC kit for the Jog & i happen to have one right here but this is reserved for a customer of mine, it's still fresh & untuned, just perfect for you. if this had been an LC kit i would have fitted it asap.

ill ask access plus if they have that in stock

thx...

that would be the handmade series cast iron cilinder from metrakit, malossi has an MHR Replica AC kit for the Jog & i happen to have one right here but this is reserved for a customer of mine, it's still fresh & untuned, just perfect for you. if this had been an LC kit i would have fitted it asap.

Mabuhay, Tiba. I am anxiously waiting for you to get a LC MAL MHR REP so I can copy your porting. Frank

Back