Polini Variator
Polini 2G Clutch
Malossi Kevlar X Belt
Top Racing Gear up
22ml Dell'orto Carb with 95 Jet
MHR Race 70's
MHR Race Crank
Yasuni 16 - 2.5 Rollers

The acceleration is pretty flat-out, need to sort the clutch out because time between throttle pulled and kicking in to long, anyhow the top speed is only 70mph, what do I need to do to increase the top speed, I was talking to a friend and the idea of a different torque spring might help, what are peoples views?

Advertisement - register to remove this

there's no harm in trying slightly heavier rollers it might improve your acceleration & reach topspeed quicker, there's no fixed rule like light rollers for acceleration & heavy rollers for topspeed that's just a myth, if you set the right roller weight you can have both topspeed & acceleration.

blnd said:
a random question but the people here who do have a yasuni 16, what rollers do you use?
That all depends on the rest of your set-up. If you want to know exact which rollerweight you need, you'll need to test on a dyno.

blnd said:
a random question but the people here who do have a yasuni 16, what rollers do you use?

Rollertuning is an art, and is all about experimenting with different ones. The exact weight will be different for every scooter since not everyone has the same setup. Also, Like Tiba said, lighter is not always better for acceleration...putting in a heavier roller may bring engine RPM down, but if you are at your torque peak it will accelerate better (eventhough it sounds slower).

Also, I noticed you didnt list a rear (torque) spring? Have you upgraded from the stock one?

-Paul O.
sig9.gif

Malaguti Yesterday, MHR 70 kit, Technigas None, Multivar, Delorto PHBG 19
Kansas, USA, Minister of Information for MADTOTO SCOOTER CLUB

Yes i have a standard torque spring, i was discussing with my friend about this and we decided would be best idea, however what +% spring would you recommend and what make? cheers

Wow, with as much mods as you have, Im surprised you don’t have belt slippage from having such a light spring. Personally, I have a Malossi Yellow. I think yellow is +82% (4.0mm dia).

With the revised spring you will definitely need heavier rollers.

-Paul O.
sig5.gif

Malaguti Yesterday, MHR 70 kit, Technigas None, Multivar, Delorto PHBG 19
Kansas, USA, Minister of Information for MADTOTO SCOOTER CLUB

your setup must be pretty homo-ish if it runs ok with the std contra spring
i think you should use the Malossi red with about 4-4.5g rollers or so

Eoin70 said:
your setup must be pretty homo-ish if it runs ok with the std contra spring
i think you should use the Malossi red with about 4-4.5g rollers or so
I would try the yellow spring first. It should be sufficient on a mid-race setup like yours. If you don't get it running propperly with the yellow spring, you can always go for a red.

ive now put a white spring on, left rollers the same at the moment just to see how it goes, defiantly makes a different more power in the pull away and stuff, top speed gone up by a few mph aswell! cheers for the help, just gona mess round with rollers now try to find a good weight!

blnd said:
ive now put a white spring on, left rollers the same at the moment just to see how it goes, defiantly makes a different more power in the pull away and stuff, top speed gone up by a few mph aswell! cheers for the help, just gona mess round with rollers now try to find a good weight!
The white spring isn't strong enough!! At least try the yellow one!
I mostly use the white contraspring on stnd set-ups with only a racing exhaust.

ok ok well i had the standard spring in till the other day so the white 1 is an improvement for now :p il try getting my hands on a few others and have a mess around, now just sorting the manifold out as one of the bolts snapped of in it :| eeeek and just brought some hebo cooling stuff cus it seems to be getting very boiling at the moment!

Back