Would a variator make top speed faster and have better smoother acceleration ?

123harrisonf

aerox_boi
if so what one shalll i get
i have a 54 pate yamaha aerox
sports exhaust
fully de-restrictred does 50mph

thinking of a polini speed control kit?

or any other ideas

want to get about 60-65mph
thanks

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

Better take a ''power1 variator kit'' its cheaper and almost the same as polini. but I don`t know if those are for sale in your country.

I have a good experiance with power 1 variator kits..

your engine wil accelerate more smoothly, top speed does not change.

For more speed you can buy a 19mm carburettor. still it won`t make a lot of difference but your acceleration increases a lot more, so does your fuel consumption;)

There is not much more to do with a 50cc cilinder.

Or you should consider buying a 70cc..:!

another variator won't run a lot better, most people don't 'tune' the standard one good.
So you won't notica ALOT from a new variator, it will probably run a little smoother but nog much.

A 19mm carburettor is useless at a standard setup.
A 17.5mm wil probably get you a little better gas response, but not alot and it's still useless in my opinion, cause it wil make you consume a lot more fuel

You could also try a good exhaust like a Yasuni R or a Gianelli Shot

If you really want to get more acceleration / speed then you should try a cast iron 70cc with an 17.5mm carburettor.

to replace the stock variator by a 'racing type' variator is always a gain in performance with a minarelli engine.

those stock vario's are worth s**t, it costs a lot of work to tune them and then stil overrev the engine @ max speed.

i mostly use variators that are designed to be used with a 70cc cilinder like malossi, Doppler, polini...

i prefer the Doppler, it's cheap, uses big rollers(19X15.5) and is very very easy to tune and compared to a stock vario it doesn't overrev @ the same speed with the stock variator and exact same wheigts...
+ ik noticed a gain of +-7mph compared to stock with my stock 50cc cilinder.
it even doesn't overrev the engine even with 24gr @ topspeed(!!):D
the range of those vario's is much wider then the stock, period.

and if you can affort it try a torque driver from polini/malossi/doppler also, this in combination with a race vario is just super, no strange dips and again even much easyer to tune !:winner:

helo, thanks for all your advice

i notied polini do a speed controll kit with torque springs variator ect..
is this worth getting or shall i just get the vario

i looked into the torque driver and they £70
that is very pricey what benifit will i get from these parts

top speed ect?

cheers people

x

top speed ect?

cheers people

x

you wil always gain some topspeed but is hard to tell how much because we dont know youre setup and even if we know it its still hard to tell....
its all about 'tuning' youre vario how much you get out of it...

the complete polini variator is a must have i think, i presume it's the overrange version that you have in mind ?

the torqeu driver does'n give you additional speed but makes the variator much more stable and 'dippless'.

because those race varios like polini, malossi etc... are developed with a torqeu driver it's common sense that you will get better acceleration and it will be less harder to 'tune' the vario.

i recently installed a torque driver for 5km, i had to take it back of because it was the wrong diameter and i didn't see that wen i fitted it but in those 5km's i drove it it was just unbelievable how well the variator worked even tough the torque driver didn't fit well over the axle 8P

thanks for your advice, how much would a decent torgue driver cost

thanks,

are these the best performance parts to fit to get good acceleration and better top speed for a resonabe price..

without putting a 70's on it

thanks

thanks for your advice, how much would a decent torgue driver cost

thanks,

are these the best performance parts to fit to get good acceleration and better top speed for a resonabe price..

without putting a 70's on it

thanks

that depends what you want and wich shop you buy it, if you are interested in the complete vario + belt + torque driver complete as a set from polini or so you can count on +-250€ i think.

i myself bought the doppler S2R vario for 56€ and a malossi torqeu driver for 85€ and a stronger belt from another brand for 18€.
the torque driver that was delivered with the wrong diameter isn't a problem anymore btw...
i just bought a newer model F12(LC) with the newer model minarelli and now i can put the wrongly delivered driver on that engine !;)

ps i'm trying to doi the same thing to, i try to get everything out of the stock cilinder/cranck and for now it looks like i'm doing a good job:W

ps when you buy a torque driver you can choose between 2 settings(you have 2 sets of sleeves in the pulley).
i would say choosse the sleeve with the least resistance because its only a 50cc.

You could also try a good exhaust like a Yasuni R or a Gianelli Shot
That's not very good idea ;(

On factory engine, Gianelli Shot... :rolleyes:

I'll rather try Yasuni Z or LeoVince RR (if exist in stores already)

Maybe I'm new here but I have much experience in scooter tuning (all but race kits) :henko:

My setup is TP Trophy 70ccm, Malossi (Dellorto) 17,5 PHBN LS manual choke, Malossi Multivar, Malossi Torque Driver on "lighter" angle, LeoVince ZX, 5.5 g rollers, white Malossi spring and yellow Polini clutch springs. I have already 22 thousand kilometers bygone with this kit, only on 18 thousand changed piston rings and seals.

I'm waiting Top Perfomances's primary gear, becouse I lose 15 km of top speed when I putt multivar instead Top Performance variator. TP is a variator which push the V-belt on the top of his pulley and also with his V-belt in pack (ser. 9907770) give a best top speed of all variators (except Overrange) and its a best buy for low price 9||6

top speed ect?

cheers people

x

I have malossi torque driver and gains no top speed at all :rolleyes:

Give the smooth acceleration and no rpm oscillation at all, but only on high sport and racing variators. ex. Malossi Multivar

Back