WHy is my PGO so slow????

A standard minarelli manifold doesn't use this kind of connection between manifold and carb. You should either buy another manifold to fit most of do's carbs or you should buy a carb suitable for fitting with your manifold. I'd go for the first option, you'll have more choice in carbs, you can get a short/straight manifold and I believe the minarelli-way of carb-manifold connection is better than this.

About the gearing. Sure it is allways a good idea to get other gearing. Even if you don't change the gearing but go to straight gears other than the original ones, you'll lose friction and so have less powerloss. You can change the gearing effectively also. On your setup it maybe wise not to lower your reductionfactor of the gearing by a lot. So change either primary or secundary gearing. The 15/42 secundary seems like a good idea to me. You'll gain some topspeed and have the benefits of straight gearing.

Originally posted by Raki
A standard minarelli manifold doesn't use this kind of connection between manifold and carb. You should either buy another manifold to fit most of do's carbs or you should buy a carb suitable for fitting with your manifold. I'd go for the first option, you'll have more choice in carbs, you can get a short/straight manifold and I believe the minarelli-way of carb-manifold connection is better than this.

About the gearing. Sure it is allways a good idea to get other gearing. Even if you don't change the gearing but go to straight gears other than the original ones, you'll lose friction and so have less powerloss. You can change the gearing effectively also. On your setup it maybe wise not to lower your reductionfactor of the gearing by a lot. So change either primary or secundary gearing. The 15/42 secundary seems like a good idea to me. You'll gain some topspeed and have the benefits of straight gearing.

i looked a bit at www.speed-line.dk

"Gearing - Pinasco 20%

Pinasco gearing. Ligeskåret primær gearing. Førøger din topfart op til 20%.""

It says that your topspeed can increase up to 20 % is that really correct??

I tought just "sekundär" gear highed the topspeed....

//kim

gotta go writes moore later!!

Yes, that is correct but you have to understand that your engine won't be able to push out those extra 20%.

It's like changing the gearing at a geared moped. Theoretical you can use for example 20/45. That would give over 100 kph. In practics it won't manage to pull that high gearing because of your weight, air resistance and other factors.

Originally posted by Kurt
Yes, that is correct but you have to understand that your engine won't be able to push out those extra 20%.

It's like changing the gearing at a geared moped. Theoretical you can use for example 20/45. That would give over 100 kph. In practics it won't manage to pull that high gearing because of your weight, air resistance and other factors.

but what the fuck should i do then???

Everybody else scoots with malossi/polini sport doing at least 90 km/h, and my just doing 70km/h !

My dad going to order that anyway..but will se how it works out...:p

Back