Which cilinder to get

quicksand

Hi im looking for a strong cilinder for everyday use, but also i want something with alot of power, i was looking at the polini corsa ( iron) but does anyone know if there is a more powerfull iron cilinder?
And does anyone know if there is a more powerfull cilinder that the corsa but in aluminium but will last long also.

Advertisement - register to remove this

aluminium is not the best idea for everyday use as it is crucial it must be warmed up properly before every ride, of course you should do this with any cylinder on the am6, but it will seize alot quicker if you do it with an aluminium cylinder. I am buying the malossi 80cc street kit, the street kit has twin piston rings, and it has longer service intervals, and has a broader spread of power. Other than that, you could try the 72cc metrakit sp cylinder, dr73.5 or top performance 73/75.

This is a question from me but its along this topic, Is a DR 75cc kit from scooter center a good kit to buy for everyday use and does it deliver good power ?? Thanks.

edit: answer please :)

Last edited:
Depending on the pipe you use. T6 Airsal is aluminum, has a single ring. It has been working good for me, 1000 miles on it with original plug, and on injection. Break it in, let it warm up. You can raise the exhaust ports for even more performance, but it isn't a "full race" cylinder, and has mild compression. Very streetable.....no worries

montezuma said:
Depending on the pipe you use. T6 Airsal is aluminum, has a single ring. It has been working good for me, 1000 miles on it with original plug, and on injection. Break it in, let it warm up. You can raise the exhaust ports for even more performance, but it isn't a "full race" cylinder, and has mild compression. Very streetable.....no worries

What about a DR 75cc ? They streetable? Thanks.

joewright91 said:
What about a DR 75cc ? They streetable? Thanks.

I know plenty of people with am6 engines who have dr 75 kits, they have no problems with them.

quicksand said:
is the sp pro metrakit better than the polini corsa?

prorace metrakit stuff is designed for raceonly and is not really a good idea on the street. It wont last very long. If you want metrakit stuff, you should get metrakit sp.

Back