What Ignition?

*james*

Polini Shit Evo
Hi,

From what I've read on this forum you guys are really clued up on scooter tuning, so basically i want to know which ignition is the best to get? I wish to still use headlights, so as far as i understand it limits me to getting the polini ignition, but i want to know if any of you guys can modify malossi/italkit/hpi ones to run headlights, or if you know any other realistic way to use the malossi/italkit/hpi ignitions with lights?

my current setup is: Polini evo2 70, Polini evo crank, Yasuni c21, 25mm Dellorto, Vforce3 reedblock, Polini evo variator, Polini 2g clutch, primary and secondary gear up, and I'm fitting my torque driver soon.. etc and some stuff i cant think of right now.
BTW my bike is a gilera runner/piaggio engine.
i appreciate any replys.
Thankyou.

*James*

Advertisement - register to remove this

I have done a lot of searching on here, and i am sorry for asking the question before searching properly....

I have come to the conclusion to run a inner rotor ignition and then run my lights of a separate battery, i have read a gel cell battery is correct to use as it can be charged alot and last a long time?.. , which rotor would be best? malossi/italkit/HPI...
I thought HPI as i could also use the little 10w "lights" coil and maybe try to modify it to produce more power?

Thankyou, *James*

I have done a lot of searching on here, and i am sorry for asking the question before searching properly....

I have come to the conclusion to run a inner rotor ignition and then run my lights of a separate battery, i have read a gel cell battery is correct to use as it can be charged alot and last a long time?.. , which rotor would be best? malossi/italkit/HPI...
I thought HPI as i could also use the little 10w "lights" coil and maybe try to modify it to produce more power?

Thankyou, *James*

The HPI 10w "light coil" is a TOY!!!...it can't be modified to procude more power because there is no room for more windings.

Regards,

The HPI 10w "light coil" is a TOY!!!...it can't be modified to procude more power because there is no room for more windings.

Regards,

Ok, thankyou for clearing that up mate :D.... Have you any ideas that i could run a inner rotor ignition and still use headlights etc?

Thankyou...

Thanks Dante'sZIP, Do you have a link for this?

http://www.cycleimports.com/index.html

I have done business with them before, the owner is name Ozzy. The ignition may not be displayed on the website but he may still have it or be able to order it for you, just make sure you ask him for the right one (metrakit inner rotor with lights)..they have a contact section on the website, just send him an email, and see how you can arrange an order.

If he can't help you, you can try asking euroscooters.nl, here is the email: info@euroscooters.nl

Last edited:
Back