Wat carb should i get!!

ziprudey

ziprudey
umm im thinking of getting a new carb.. because as for my 28 koso is to hard to set up and it doesnt really fit straight on my bike i have decied to sell it and get a smaller one... but i wont one that doesnt drink to much but that has a good perfomance? can anyone advise me on some carb? thanks for any reply

Advertisement - register to remove this

What is the rest of your setup? I cant tell anything if i don't know what parts are installed on your scooter :)

Grtz Maikel

um.. my setup at the moment is..:
cylinder = metrakit pro race 2
exhaust = c 20
reeds = malossi
vario = hebo next generation
primary gearing = 14/39
clutch = shit but better then standard
crank = hebo
ignition = standard
carb = 28 but to hard to setup.
filter big polini
and thats about it... so wat do u think
weight are very light and clittle clutch springs blue polini and big clutch spring black hebo.
so wat do u advise me then?

emo the 24 oko is hard to set up my brother has it on his aerox and we are still trying to get it to run... and the kehien is good but it drinks a lot i was thinking a 22 stage 6? wat do u think?

a mikuni 24 i have heard is the hardest 24 mm carb out to setup.. but it is one of the most perfomant.. i wont one that is easy enough well easier the my 28 koso and that is good in performance...

ziprudey said:
emo the 24 oko is hard to set up my brother has it on his aerox and we are still trying to get it to run... and the kehien is good but it drinks a lot i was thinking a 22 stage 6? wat do u think?

maybe you're not used to tune OKO.. it is one of the most easiest to tune!! keihin pwk, koso & oko carburettors almost have the same specs.

ziprudey said:
a mikuni 24 i have heard is the hardest 24 mm carb out to setup.. but it is one of the most perfomant.. i wont one that is easy enough well easier the my 28 koso and that is good in performance...

A Mikuni TM24 is one of the most "forgiving" Carbs to setup.
You get it right @ 10min , just buy the Jet/needle set that they have for it.

Im driving mine at 210 mainjet @ Cartboxfilter

Mvh M

Mr Matrix said:
A Mikuni TM24 is one of the most "forgiving" Carbs to setup.
You get it right @ 10min , just buy the Jet/needle set that they have for it.

Im driving mine at 210 mainjet @ Cartboxfilter

Mvh M

wow! 210 mainjet?? what petrol you're using??

emo said:

Aspen Racing 102 Octane.

But the Cartfilterbox is not an filter, ist more an "noice killer".
There is nothing more , then 2 small steel nets that "filters" the Air.

My Friend (Oxigen) drives his TM24 @ 190 with stock 98 Petrol,
on "same" setup as mine.

Mvh M

Ps. IMO. the OKO and Keihin Carbs are just as easy as the Mikuni to setup

emo said:

emo

Mikuni carbs have totally different numbering, you can't compare the values with the Keihin or with the Dell'Orto sizes!

Now I use 106-109 octane gas it's very expensive (1.9 ewuro/liter) :'(

ziprudey said:

I think it's very easy to adjust the OKo or the Koso carbs, you did something wrong, don't give up, use the 28 mm it is good for your setup!

Mr Matrix said:
Aspen Racing 102 Octane.

But the Cartfilterbox is not an filter, ist more an "noice killer".
There is nothing more , then 2 small steel nets that "filters" the Air.

My Friend (Oxigen) drives his TM24 @ 190 with stock 98 Petrol,
on "same" setup as mine.

Mvh M

Ps. IMO. the OKO and Keihin Carbs are just as easy as the Mikuni to setup

here in the Philippines its pretty rare to see a Mikuni on their scooters, 90% of tuned scooters here are using OKO carb. most especially in races..

Back