Upgrade from Malossi 70cc

Nor-Tuner

I want a performance boost,without going overboard. (i.e changing crank etc. witch i dont want)

What cylinder kit would you gyus reccomend?

Airsal T6 70cc with vertex piston? Will that be a good upgrade?

Or maybe the MHR Replica 70cc ? Or even the MetraKit SP2?'

Please help me.

Rest of the setup:

Malossi Torque drive
Malossi delta clutch
Malossi wingbell
Malossi torsion controller
Malossi special belt
Malossi multivar
Malossi 14-39 primary gearing
Yasuni R or MHR replica exhaust.
Malossi 21mm carb kit
Malossi E5 powerfilter
Malossi VL11 reedvalve

(I now use the malossi sport 70cc)

Advertisement - register to remove this

you would only really need to change your crank depending on the mileage of your bike so would help if you could tell us that. But all of youe set-up is malossi lol so the REP would work well with that set-up and if set-up right its a powerful kit

But is the mhr replica a good upgrade? will it actually make a difference? Or is a SP2,Airsal T6 a better choice? Just because all the other parts are malossi,the cylinder dont need to be. Im not that stupid.

The malossi sport isnt exactly kicking ass performance wise.

The crank is hardly worn at all. (around 2000km) but i really dont think a MHR Team 2 kit would be a good idea just because my crank is not much worn. get it?

I want a kit that last at least a couple of hundred miles before things goes to hell.

you would only really need to change your crank depending on the mileage of your bike so would help if you could tell us that. But all of youe set-up is malossi lol so the REP would work well with that set-up and if set-up right its a powerful kit

That is untrue and false information being given.

A crank is needed to cope with the extra stress of an engine, Milage has no play in it at all. Of course if you have a uprated cylinder its best to go for a crank as this will add the foundations to a house if you like; The more solid you make your house, the longer it will last. Same princible of an engine.

Nor-Tuner: The rep is a nice kit, will last you a long time and they can be a nice cylinder, if you want something a little more powerfull (remebering that this will not last as long due to Nikasil and higher revving) I would pick the sp2. I did a setup on a friends bike with an Sp2, was a real nice cylinder and they pull hard too. A nice cylinder to start with in my opinion.

What crank do you have, Is it the stock crank you're talking about you have? If so It is worth the hassle of upgrading due to the above reasons. If you want to tune in the future and you feel you will go further ( Afterall, It's an addictive sport ! :D ) It's well worth the money, time, and less hassle for the future replacing your crank now rather than later, If the crank goes, You would of lost €€€€ in your parts.

The rest of the kit looks nice for a daily setup, I would go with a Mk Sp exhaust, or even a c16 if you can afford the extra €€€

Hope this helps :)

Butch

no butch thats not false information mate so be quiet.

Nor how does your bike run atm with the sport?

I suggest you do some research on bikes before you give out false information and cause people MORE problems. The forum is a place of help, knowledge and information, You have pm dixy.

So you would pick and mhr and place that on a stock crank and with "little" milage that makes it ok? I think not

What crank do you have Nor-Tuner

well if you could read properly as i thought he ment on a rep setup which is basically a sport kit so my information was correct! dont wanna argue with you tbh i no im right so :)

well if you could read properly as i thought he ment on a rep setup which is basically a sport kit so my information was correct! dont wanna argue with you tbh i no im right so :)

Your information is NOT correct at all, for one the mhr-rep is far from a sport kit and in actual fact a mid-race.

Also you're increasing the ccm3 of the cylinder by 20cc, the extra power produced by this kit WILL put extra stress on the crank shaft. The standard crank (as it's designed for a 50cc) isn't upto the job of handling this extra stress and WILL fail in a short period of time (even if its relatively new). Thus you require an aftermarket crank which can handle this stress resultant of the increased bore size.

If you are able to evidence your claims then please prove me wrong, but until then stfu.

I truly believe that the MHR Replica will run just fine for a long period of time,on the stock crank. Allthough the pistonrings/piston will need more changing than the Malossi Sport. (Mine is a stock crank btw)

But will this cylinderkit compare well to f.ex TPR 70cc,Airsal 70cc,MK SP2 70cc. Many people on the net says that the MHR Replica is a pretty weak Mid-race cylinder (Especially for Piaggio) And says that if i should choose Malossi,i should choose the MHR 70cc kit,wich as far as i can tell,pretty DAMN good. (At least for the org crank,or am i wrong?)

The same people said that i could choose a little more sport exhaust to use with it,so that it would last longer,but still give excellent performace. (Like the Yasuni R,C16)

What do you guys mean with that statement?

Malossi is as we all know very expensive,and not allways very good pr performance/price

All i want is a little more power than the Malossi Sport 70cc (Wich IS very weak,lets face it.. Its not going to do wonders performance wise. (At least i was a little dissapointed from all that i have read about it) The ports look like the stock one,especially the exhaust port looks shameful for a "performance cylinder" Tried to port it a little,but i really couldnt feel that much difference.

i have earlier experience with a full Hyper tuned Rox with MHR Team2 etc,so maybe my expectations are too high??

I see myself driving a bike who offers about 14-15hp on the crank.. (For daily use)

Just got a word from "Scooter Attack" and they seems to think that my setup will be great with the MHR Replica 70cc kit,they also said that my currently owned Yasuni R would pretty much be perfect,and the performance from the Malossi Sport would be pretty significant. So i now really think that that is my best choice.

They said that the "MHR 70cc kit" Wich deliveres around 20bhp according to them,would be a waste of money if i wouldnt change to a race exhaust,and then again a race crank. I could easily drive the kit on stock crank,and my current exhaust,but would not get much performance from that.. But the cylinder with a MHR Racing pipe,and a MHR RHQ crank would be highly reccomended.

lmao sorry for this Nor-Tuner but jackdim what are you going on about and i can give evidence for this seeing as i run the rep on a stock crank at the moment so u stfu
basically you can run a stock crank with a rep its not IMPOSSIBLE obvioulsy your not going to keep a stock crank thats been ragged about in the bike.

Yeh Nor-Tuner my friend has the MHR kit and it is a very good kit he smokes me his bike is flat out and he has a c16 and not sure what crank hes got in there but his bike seems set-up almost perfectl front wheel lifts on accelaration lol.

@jackdim and butch

I agree

@nor tuner and dixy

ITS OF COURSE possible to drive the MHR rep with a stock crank...THE QUESTION is HOW LONG it will last!
The stock mina cranks are very reliable but a mid race(mhr rep is defo one) will be a hard challenge for it.
You might be able to ride it,but its not reliable and safe,as an overheating of the cranks conrod bearing is practically programmated.

Besides,WAYNY if it does or not.You might learn of your mistakes afterwards :)
Go ahead and give it a try :)

NOR i d LOVE to see a word from SA saying this?could u print screen it?IF so,that would surprise me but you can never be sure if its a friendly recommendations without its business interests of selling its product.

Back