Tuning a 100 Neos ?

brainic

Just a few questions,as I am away to fit a big bore kit (120cc) to a Neos 100 do I need to-
A Fit a bigger carb or just put a bigger jet in
B Change the crank
C Put in differant weights in the clutch
D Change the Drive belt

Also I have 2 exhausts for it one is from a 50cc the other is for 100 cc and is a road legal Pollini which would be the best option for mostly town use, I will not be racing or drag racing it

Next what is an over revver and a doppler and will I miss out if I don't have them ?

Cheers

Advertisement - register to remove this

You can fit a bigger carb, but i don't believe it's absolutly nessecary. What kind of diameter has it got now?

YOu won't have to change the crank if the stroke length doesn't change. You say it's only a bigger bore so the stroke length will remain the same.

I think you want to make adjustmenst to your variator and clutch because of the changed optimum rpm of your engine, but thats more trial and error for the right setup. Drive belt replacement is not neccesary.

A doppler is an air filter.

But my main question is, why do you want to fit the bigger bore kit? What do you want to achive?

Thanks for the fast reply and to answer the questions and ask some more
I got the barrell and piston cheap and from past experience going from a 50 to a 70 ish cc kit on my old BWs I thought why not.
I only wont to go a bit faster without loosing reliability ,but doesn't everyone ,also it still has standard size carb so i thought mayybe go up 3-4 jet sizes ?
Also any opinion on the exhaust ?
And will stick with standard air filter unless I get a huge boost from swapping it to a doppler

Back