tonys tuned minarelli engine (half way there)

lilplaya_bm

last year september i had my honda scoopy stolen from me which i was extremely mad about.it was my first bike and my first pride and joy.but then i got a beta tempo ac.it uses a minarelli engine. i have had many parts from evo, mhr, and hebo. at the current time i have an lc cilinder but i dont have the stuff to mount it and because i am goin to college in 2 weeks i dont want to spend money that i will need out there and i wont have time to do anything between work,parties, and sleep(lol)...
here is my setup:
denso idirium racing plug
polini evo ac cilinder home tuned, fabrizi 90cc stroke cil
polini evo 10pin and rhq 10pin crank
polini inner roter vario
mhr overrange pullies, evo or pullies, piagio polini pullies
polini belt from another bike that i matched so i can use a tighter one...
polini 2g clutch and evo 3shoe clutch
polini wingbell
polini primary and secondary gears
polini selletra advanced timing
polini roost boost
hebo r2, evo2, bidalot c20 pipes
vforce kx80 readcage
mhr short and straight manifold 22-28mm(minarelli) and polini short straight manifold for 17.5-21mm, a homemade aluminum manifold for ram effect 28mm,all with homemade turned plate so carb doesnt hit cilinder
home tuned crankcase
24mm oko d-slide carb, 21mm dellortho black edition,26mm flatslide dellortho
k&n car airfilter for both carbs

here are all the pics...
me with the bike

me with fabrizi 90 cil, evo cil, evo crank, 24mm makuni flatslide

my home tuned crankcasings with evo crank and shaved flywheel wit orignal ignition.

my bike without plastics and evo2 pipe

front picture of bike just to show the spray job from the previous owner, which he wiped out on a few times and messed up badly

my home tuned cilinder...i only raised the center of the exhaust port and not the sides then lowed everything else as far as u can see..

heres a pic of stock evo port just for a reference

pvl picture

homemade manifold with 24mm oko. welded forward to use a ram effect

another one with homemade manifold jus to show how it sits

my head

my tuned transfers (hometuned)- i did this for a fun powerfull cilinder, it maynot be the most speedy one. i am about to use my lc cil so my ac will be a fun powerhouse and i race a few times then pack it up.

im now using my mhr short straight manifold with oko 24mm and a hebo pipe...
soon, hopefully, i will be using a makuni tm 28mm ss carb with my heavy porting... i also use a very different crankcase with high compression but there are some bermudains on this forum who i will be racing against at the track next season that cannot see that far into my engine...i let them see my porting because it was just a fun kit and not my race cil... next april i will return for summer and will buy a jog and order a biturbo front and rear suspension...i also have a mhr team crank which will be installed...the extra engine i get will use my evo 21hp cil with normal matched casing and all my extra parts for a road race engine and my track bike will be the engine i have now with high crankcase pressure and a mk pr2 cilinder which is factory ported. the local distributor brings them in... also with my hebo r2 pipe, team crank, polini transmition(rotor vario and piagio pullies), polini primary gears, 28 tm 28mm(or 24mm) makuni faltslide carb,mhr short manifold, motorcross readcage vforce, and selletra polini ignition. i currently use castrol a747 and klotz r50 race gas at a 30:1 ratio with ac cil and mostlikely a 50:1 ratio with lc cil...i am expecting to beat the 21-23hp bikes at local track...that doesnt have to do completly with engine though because it is a circuit track and not dragstrip..my rider is great too. i wont be riding.
all in all the bike is a power house with ac cil and when i finally get my engine completed it will be time to hurt the bermudian people...lol...see u guys at the track next year and i will keep the forum updated...

Last edited:
Advertisement - register to remove this

ill post new pics with other manifold and how i made each one fit...and with hebo pipe and new sticker set...my camera ran out of memory when i was taking porting pics...i will post tomorow

if u know someone with a boring bare and some good skill then he can machine to fit...we do it here all the time..machine pvl innerroaters to fit v50s or v80s or dt50's and 100's...pretty easy to do for a machinist...in actual fact u could even tell him to instal a groove to use the key weight becasue i have seen some people that have had there ignition slip out of timing because of that key wiehgt problem...good luck

Thanks guys!...so the diameter at varietor size and number of splines are the same?
Another question: Stroke in m.m.? 40m.m., 43m.m.?

Mexicano said:
Thanks guys!...so the diameter at varietor size and number of splines are the same?
Another question: Stroke in m.m.? 40m.m., 43m.m.?

Well as long as I've had my bike I can never get all the other variators that are available because my bikes crank for the variator side is the size of a jog 90 so pretty much only levaes me to one option and thats to get the polini evo2 variator.
which im not complaing about hahaha.
I don't know about number of splines I have never counted but I'll count mine if you want me to?

Now when your talking about stroke are you referring to the stock stroke length of a 50 c.c minarelli?

If you are it's 40 m.m.

Thanks Smokin, yes, if it doesn bother you, I would like to know the numbe of splines and diameter on the varietor side....

So, which Polini Evo2 varietor are you able to use? P/N?

On the stroke side, I would like to know if those MHR or Polini cranks are 43 m.m. or 40 m.m.

Mexicano said:
Thanks Smokin, yes, if it doesn bother you, I would like to know the numbe of splines and diameter on the varietor side....

So, which Polini Evo2 varietor are you able to use? P/N?

On the stroke side, I would like to know if those MHR or Polini cranks are 43 m.m. or 40 m.m.
same as stock

Back