Street magic jetting

puketaha

I have a standard TR50 with daytona CDi and I have a pod filter can anyone recommend any jet sizes which might suit this set up. It runs pretty clean so far and I know I need to go for a larger main jet before I put on the pod filter but I don't know what size to go for.

Cheers!

Advertisement - register to remove this

I have a standard TR50 with daytona CDi and I have a pod filter can anyone recommend any jet sizes which might suit this set up. It runs pretty clean so far and I know I need to go for a larger main jet before I put on the pod filter but I don't know what size to go for.

Cheers!

i would recoment a 15% increase in jetting for a pot filter. is it increasing the flow? if it is you should increase the main jet 15% so that you engine doesnt run to lean (hot and then sieze over time).

Thanks David! Yes it will increase the air flow. I currently have a standard air box on it although it does have a performance filter in the box. It runs very clean and the plug is the ideal clean brownish colour. I guess I'll try a 15% increase and check the plug condition after a short blast up the road?!

Cheers!

Thanks David! Yes it will increase the air flow. I currently have a standard air box on it although it does have a performance filter in the box. It runs very clean and the plug is the ideal clean brownish colour. I guess I'll try a 15% increase and check the plug condition after a short blast up the road?!

Cheers!

if your plugs browny colour it might be stained onto the plug off your old setup i would buy a new plug with no stains on or get a strong chemical to clean it so you can do a plug check, also to get best reeding on plug rev the tits of it and then cut the engine just to make sure its not running lean at full speed. any luck with your 15% increase? i had same thing as your having, what happens is when you modify the engine and increse the flow, your bike runs leaner and thats a bad thing so if you up jet it it will run safer, however if you get it to work with your increase in jet size it might be a little faster+ralf+ also i would fit the k&n filter.

I went from a standard 75 to a 85 (recommended by Scootling) But now is running like crap. Zero power, spluttering and coughing and dies. Feels like its getting too much air at almost any throttle position. Im going to get some fresh fuel cos the fuel in it was old as it's harldy been used for the last 2 months. I'll get a new plug too. Do you think i need to tweek the air screw or clip position to suit the new air filter?

Back