stage6 rear suspension

Your assuming they redesigned the changes they made to make the shock fit my aerox ,instead of just using the ones that they already had from when they did a series for stage6
That doesnt make sense to me that they would do that

Im happy for you guys to believe that my shock is not the same as the stage6 thats fine
I know from my inbox filling up twice now in the last week that other people see it different

Your assuming they redesigned the changes they made to make the shock fit my aerox ,instead of just using the ones that they already had from when they did a series for stage6
That doesnt make sense to me that they would do that

Im happy for you guys to believe that my shock is not the same as the stage6 thats fine
I know from my inbox filling up twice now in the last week that other people see it different

You said they only changed the spring!

Lol, i just say that what you said they changed, isnt the same things thilo said s6 changed! But now i have contacted RPM about this.

But there is one important thing you don't get. RPM is a OEM (original equitment manufacturer).
You can be an OEM and not be the true brains behind the product. That's the case in addition to the S6 shock. I bet you've read what Thilo said about the development?

Last edited:
Lol, i just say that what you said they changed, isnt the same things thilo said s6 changed! But now i have contacted RPM about this.

But there is one important thing you don't get. RPM is a OEM (original equitment manufacturer).
You can be an OEM and not be the true brains behind the product. That's the case in addition to the S6 shock. I bet you've read what Thilo said about the development?
And how does it matter that they make stuff for an oem company as well
They also make aftermarket gear

I bet they make an aerox shock for stage6 that works great and when i ordered one they went right back to the drawing board and redesigned it just for me
That makes perfect sense

Next thing you will saying they redesigned the 4pot caliper i got from them for stage6 as well

Seriously you guys are clutching at straws so badly here

Last edited:
bla bla bla
and here we go again....the same and the same all over again.
Seriously i think this thread should be closed now.
I mean who cares how his suspensions really performs and what rpm told him?
He might convince some ppl but defenetely not me,cuz ur aerox project is still far away from racing,ANY KIND of racing...it looks like/is an stock racing.these shocks/suspensions are made for racing.According to u it perform very well etc...SO i suggest u ride ur aerox just like on the pics?LOL.....Now that i call testing racing products
Every1 can talk,speculate etc...I think its about time now to show some practical stuff...
(yesssss i know u built jetski engines etc)

If u r willing to pay for a good product and quality and u also do that...
And Waxhead,i tell you it for the last time cuz it seems like u dont understand us?
Europe is another world,EXPENSIVE world and even if ur RPM WOULD BE 100% identical,it still wouldnt be avaible for the same price as u ve received it.Everything what enters the EU gets a extra tax and in some cases also penalty taxes...the diffrence would be ridiculous small.So the price reason is for us in europe not worth to mention!
The performing part is again another topic,but also here I doubt they r made for the same modell and performing so.Do u really thing RPM would tell u something else?All what they care about is to make money.They wouldnt tell u something else...they wanna keep selling them too.But i dont wanna go into that I already know the answer ^^

Sonic speed...

the changes are...
-axle has been adapted to minarelli engine(smaller than 125ccm...)
-spring(shortened) and their density
-bottom mounting rised
-the load and pressure changed
-design
-the damping cylinder(dont know how to say it exactly in english)
-the adjustments screws...

please take a look at this link,my project in one of my 5 countries posted..
scroll down and take a look at pic 1 and 2 which are indicating certain parts on the susp.
If u take a good look at it,u ll see (orange screw for the high speed,grey for the low speed) that u can adjust them independently....IF I REMEMBER correct(THINKING)!!! the rpm has only 1 screw to adjust between high and low but not independently like on the stage6 shock.

http://www.titoracing.com/foro/index.php?topic=21069.225

EDIT: It was the shark factory suspension with the 1 adjustable screw....

Last edited:
.Do u really thing RPM would tell u something else?All what they care about is to make money.They wouldnt tell u something else...they wanna keep selling them too.But i dont wanna go into that I already know the answer ^^

Funny how you cant seem to believe that stage6 would do the same
that your trying to convince me that rpm did

Last edited:
f

feel free to join the convo. over there

http://www.scootertuning.de/stage6-...-research-and-development-85.html#post3200303

You will find a lot more response there and you can talk straight away with the Stage6 crew.

btw,another statement of thilo
})
""
RPM they do not have the bikes on their hand. The scooters we use for testing belongs to us and are in a other testing enviroment. So it will be very hard for them to make testings... the only thing they can do is take the dimensions from original shocks and adapt it. As I have seen from Waxheads Exel file, the items are for Cygnus, not Aerox.

""

Enough theory,time to show some practical stuff.
I d think u should post ur aerox project here in SF and show ur experience that way and demonstrate WITH ur bike,pics,vids etc where you are at..

Last edited:

An intresting quote of Thilo which u can find also in the other thread...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alos dann nochmal zum mitdenken. zB. Malossi hat die Idee "wir brauchen ein Sportfederbein für Rennroller"... denkst du die erfinden ein Federbein neu ? Nein, die gehen halt zu einem Hersteller von Federbeinen, in diesem Fall Paioli, und bauen auf der Basis eines bestehenden ein Fahrwerk was für ihre Zwecke bestimmt ist !

Was unterscheidet unser Vorgehen von dem von Malossi ? NICHTS !!! GAR NICHTS !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated it means...

For example: Malossi has an Idea," we need an sport shock for our racing bike"...do u think they reinvent the suspension new?No,they go to a Factory of Shocks,in that case Paioli,and built a new handling based on their knowledge and purpose.

Whats the diffrence between Malossi and us by doing a new shock?nothing,absolulety nothing.

Enough Theory for now,time to prove/show some practical stuff.
I ll report within 2 month my testing experience with the stage6 shock ...

i present my yamaha cygnus
Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Why you keep on posting pictures of that Aerox? every one knows that the shocks for Minarelli engines fit on every Yahama scooter. And the legs/bridge has a diameter of 30 mm. which is very often used. And even if the rear shock ARE prepared for Aerox by RPM, it wont be parepared the same way like the s6 ones are. RPM DON'T have scooters like Yamaha Aerox to test, so they can only fit the suspension in addition to the original dimensions, so does Thilo say!

If that is a Yamaha Cygnus, then this is a Lambo :

piaggio_ape.jpg

I have followed this thread for a while, and toward the end I have scanned through, why so much hatered and abuse towards other fellow tuners? Just because people prove otherwise, another statement / a legit comment, why go calling them "idiots" ?? Im not sure whats happened to this forum over the past few months, seems all the real tuners, bodywork pros and genuine people have gone due to people constantly bitching and spamming threads...

Im talking about the front forks here
Rpm dont need to test them when they have stage6 details
oh and just for your interest the cygnus has 33mm diameter shocks on the front
as opposed to the 30mm ones i have on the front of my aerox
this is why i keep posting the picture to show you that i do not have a cygnus front end it wouldnt fit
shock4.jpg

Last edited:
Ask the stage6 guys what they changed
If they tell you they went for a lighter spring then that will be the 160lb spring that came with the shock as a spare as well

but i bet they come baxk with update valving , ask them when they change it after rpm make the shocks for them or do they get rpm to change it for them before they deliver

First u said Stage was a copy and slighty changed,than u thought about what could be possibly diffrent(till thilos post) and now u act like u would have known all time?:Z

Rpm dont need to test them because they got these details from stage 6?
So tell me now,how could stage 6 than copy from RPM?|(
U said in earlier posts that stage 6 did copied from rpm and made them just fit,and now u said rpm dont need testing them ....Who copies from who?^^
U just suggested like many other ppl of its very similar design and producing facts that they were the same...cant blaim u for that,thought so too till the day i read intensively stage6 development thread...and thilo will know better about that that any1 of us.

dont u see how pointless this is?I know,no1 likes to admit false statement but u also dont need to do that...ppl here who read carefully the details will know...

BTW,i d love to see a companys product without testing,taking details from others and promote it as their own product :X

Apriliafan tense to write some god damn long coments. But can you please give me an answer to this:

The question is, like some guy named Bidstrup (lol) ask about on www.st.de weather s6 allows RPM to use s6's experiences from testing in Europe, to commercialize/sell a competing product (just for a lower prize, because they didn't took any time to test). In other words, s6 put an big effort into adapting and adjusting the suspension for bikes like aerox, jog rr etc. Which is one of the facts that cause the prizes to go up. s6 use the RPM company to produce the shock (we only talk about rear shock now). Now RPM get an command of a shock for Aerox, and they just take the s6 one without the s6 labels on it. now ... that seems very unlikely, right? the most likely thing is that they took the basic element that s6 also started with in the very beginning, and adapted it with a preload spring only, and therefore the prize of your rear shock is low.

Last edited:
Apriliafan tense to write some god damn long coments. But can you please give me an answer to this:

The question is, like some guy named Bidstrup (lol) ask about on www.st.de weather s6 allows RPM to use s6's experiences from testing in Europe, to commercialize/sell a competing product (just for a lower prize, because they didn't took any time to test), now ... that seems very unlikely, right?

Why not it happens all the time
Surely you know that ??
Didnt yamaha get mbk to build there aerox
dont they compete in the same market

Dont mazda and ford rebadge each others cars and sell in the same market

Have a look at your latest appliance store , see how many rebadged things there are

Back