This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

stage6 rear suspension

where do you buy shims to revalve RS24 rear shock? i need to modify my RS24 shock, it still lacks rebound damping.

look at my tires.

i am a suspension tuner as well & i need to modify my RS24 so i can corner faster, my tire would also last longer due to less wear.

I wouldnt buy this cheap shitty copys
You do realize that RPM manufactures these suspensions as well as the 4 piston brake caliber for among others Stage6... One acronym for you to look up on wikipedia : OEM
Same thing goes with the RS24 from Malossi - OEM rebadge from Paioli.

Just because it also is sold by the manufacturer under their own name, doesn't mean it is a shitty copy. Not even if the manufacturer is located in Taiwan or any other far east country.

Just some food for thoughts...

DutchDK

Last edited:

Not too mention almost everything that Stage 6 sells is manufatured in TAIWAN

Not too mention almost everything that Stage 6 sells is manufatured in TAIWAN

Shhh... You gave away the secret now, so Aprilliafan will stop purchasing any Stage6 product, thereby starting S6 on the way to bancruptcy - and that will end the world as we know it. So when we are back sitting in caves, and banging women in the head with clubs to get laid, I'm going to blame you and only you for that !!!! })

Dutch

What tire is this

i am a suspension tuner as well & i need to modify my RS24 so i can corner faster, my tire would also last longer due to less wear.[/QUOTE]

I think you just need a better tire this one you have in the pic looks a bit shitty for my taste might not be anything wrong with your suspension.

The Tyre is a Pirelli EVO 22 Rear version.

If you ask me, one of the best 13" tyres for racing purpose.

I think you just need a better tire this one you have in the pic looks a bit shitty for my taste might not be anything wrong with your suspension.

there's nothing wrong with the tire my friend but that wear pattern is consistent with a rebound & compression damping problem. i learned a skill called tire reading which is very helpful in diagnosing suspension problems.

the Pirelli Evo21/22 is an awesome track tire, lots of grip but it has very stiff carcass so it needs lower pressures to give best grip, if you are familiar with the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa track tire for sport bikes the Evo21/22's design & compound is based on that.

i advise you to try this tire before you pass judgment on to it, you'll love it.

thanks for the reply Velo i wouldn't hesitate on buying another set for my Aerox.

i need your opinions about the other tires, what are their performances on the track.

Pirelli Diablo scooter
Michelin Pilot scooter
Metzeler ME7-Teen
Bridgestone Hoop

these are all for 13" wheels, i'm very familiar with the Dunlop TT91/92 GP & Bridgestone BT39SS but they didn't come out in 13" size only 12" & 10".

The Michelins I have seen on track 13 inch they was pretty good so the rider said, The bridgestones u mentioned before give excellent grip but u and i both know they dont last very long. Noone here has even ran the metzler tires and in all honesty the profile of the tire has alot to do with how the bike handles the corner too as i have stock suspension basically and my wear pattern looks alot more consistant then that of your. 100/80/12 front and 130/80/12 in the back.

Ive ran the sava 130/70/12 setup and this tire format give alot better grip overall and momentum through the corner. I think this would be a big plus for u since u are focusing on corning. The perelli in all honesty we have a very abrasive track and i think that tire looks very hard just looking at the way the rubber is scuffing its not conducive to wat ive seen as gripping looks more like its skimming cross the top but then again i dont know your track conditions, speeds, etc.

Im very interested to know what tire pressures you are running though.

In all honesty 13 inch tires are not even a viable option when it comes to racing just cause the variety you cant get thats why some people convert to 12 inch so they can try different and better tires.
I would not run that tire it looks hard in all honesty if thats bin used on the track there isn't even any scuffing other then on the edges of the tire nowhere else unless u have no chicanes or anything there should be at least some sign of wear going across the whole tire.

It wears like my 3 year old sava soft racing tire which was old hard rubber. Ill try some perelli one day and if i deck out ill curse them forever cause i really dont rate perelli at all high in the sport bike scene, scooter wise its dunlop, sava, bridgestone, and maybe the heidenue/stage6 tire michelin is just ok.

Our track has an 880 ft back straight which we get 70-72 mph on so grip wise its definetly a demanding track

What I heard is that the pilot sport is a pretty good tire in dry conditions.
Have you already tryed the heidenau slick tyre?

What I heard is that the pilot sport is a pretty good tire in dry conditions.
Have you already tryed the heidenau slick tyre?

Was gonna try them at one point or the other but i chose to go with the sava medium racing compound mc28 i think they are. The hotter it gets the grippier they are for your region i would go with the soft which also grips like hell, but tends to spin too much in hotter conditions we have here.

my Evo22 rear tire is worn like that bcoz of shitty damping, the rear tire is skipping instead of a uniform contact contact on the track surface, this is a suspension problem & not a tire problem which is why i'm ordering shims to revalve it so the rear tire gets a more uniform wear, the result would be more stability, more grip & longer tire life. my Evo21 front tire is none like my rear tire, i finally got my fork valving right, before i used to crash a lot more bcoz i'm losing grip on the front tire but now i can brake all the way to the corner apex while leaned over, this is something i couldn't do with the old fork setup.

i run 16psi front & 17psi rear on these Pirelli Evo21/22 tires, the Pirelli scooter tires have a stiff carcass hence the lower tire pressures. before i tried 18psi front & rear but the scooter felt it understeers a lot of the fast sweeping corners & the rear tire slid a lot on the tight hairpins so i lowered the front tire to 16psi & that solved the understeer on the fast sweepers & lowered the rear to 17psi which reduced the rear slipping on the exit of the hairpin corners.

the go kart track we ran on has an abrasive looking track but it's also quite bumpy but my front tire is very stable & planted after the revalve, the rear on the other is fairly stable with a rebuilt RS24 shock but some of the time my rear slips & grips especially on the tight hairpin corners, i have never ridden this scooter as hard as before when it had that shitty stock Paioli Aerox shock, with the RS24 shock it made a big difference in cornering & grip of the rear tire but i know it still can be improved a lot as it is now.

My new suspension should be here soon
I have brought full rpm suspension back and front on my aerox
Im looking to put on some evo tyres as well to help it corner