Speedfight 100 Idles But Will Not Rev.

rustynuts

Hello Everyone.

Ill tell you a tale about whats happened been happening with the scooter so far.

Traveling to my parents house which is roughly 12 miles away i broke down half way there, the bike lost all power and the engine cut out (It would turn over but would not restart). Pushed it too my parents and proceeded to find the problem, under inspection i noticed the spark was weak so tried a differant plug and it was still weak so i bought a new coil, cap and plug. The bike started up got me a mile and died again, Checked compression noticed it was low took head off noticed it had been blowing slightly at one side, so put on a new gasket on the head. The bike fired up and got me home, next day on way to work it died on me again.

Pushed it home, checked plug that was fine so wondered if piston and rings were on there way out, stripped it all apart noticed one of the rings was fused into the piston and the barrel has a very slight scratch on it, below the ports. Instead of messing about i bought brand new Barrel, Piston, Rings and Gasket Set, fitted them all let it run on tick over for a while then took it for a test ride. All seemed well, went to work and got back home safe, yesturday was a day off so i decided to visit my parents again, low and behold half way there i brake down once again. This time it would start and tick over but any sort of revs and it died.

So i pushed it to there house had a chat with local garage and they said check oil pump make sure its getting oil. I did and its pumping in oil quite nicely, i also was told on a safe side to put some oil in the petrol tank to pre mix it. Did just that took it on a test ride again got round corner and it died. :(

So scratching my head i took off the carb, stripped it down, took out and cleaned all the jets. Apart from a little bit of white gunk in the bottom chamber everything was fine. Clean it, put it back together fired it up and it ran nicely on tick over and with revs. Took it for a blast round estate all seemed well once again.

On way home all was nice and smooth, pulled well, ticked over nicely. I thought it was fixed. All that agro and problems for abit of gunk in my carb, got up this morning set off to work, got to work and realised id forgot my wallet and ID, went home and on the return journey to work again i broke down, same as before lost of power on revs but will tick over.

Iv not taken off the carb again yet as its still early and everyone is in bed so i dont want to be messing about with it. But what the hell is going on with the bike :mad:

Any ideas on what to check or replace would be really greatful..

Advertisement - register to remove this

Back