spark plug tip melted

bluehawkkevin

guys my plug has been melted , am using a 700 polini , ngk iridiun hot plug , with 28 carb , i was running at 100kph average then i suddenly have some troble, is it a wrong jetting??help me out guys?/please give me some info to correct this problem...

Advertisement - register to remove this

maybe old plug, and double chack if your piston and sleeve is ok, see if theres any aluminum melted on the plug. and u can also try checking your timing, maybe 2 much elect

guys sorry for the late reply , i will post some pics this evening for us to analyze my problem , i have also opened my cylinder , the piston ring is not moving normally some carbon deposits or maybe some spark plug metal chips were inserted into the ring the cylinder wall is ok , thats maybe the reason why my plug was melted , or maybe a lean jettings which caused the failure...

am still lucky for this , but am going to clean it out up to the crankcase , just to make sure that no metal chips enetered my crankcase , my cylinder head and piston had some small chips but maybe a sand paper would do it all ...uhmm am still lucky though

You have to give us the specs of the sparkplug. I guess you have a tuned scooter and therefore should not use a warm sparkplug..

NGK 10 is really reccomended with heavy tuned scooters. NGK 9 for mid racing. Otherwise it WILL melt,and if ur really unlucky the piston head gets a hole.

Back