Scooter malfunctions when the engine is warmed up

jasper2021

Hi guys, I'm new here and I bought a scooter second hand.

When I tested it it worked fine, and I drove home with it. But now, as the engine warms up it misbehaves. The engine stutters while driving and the scooter will not start electrically when the stutterring occurs. I need to kickstart it when I drove the scooter. When i coldstart the scooter everything works and is fine.

Does anyone have any clue what can cause this behaviour?

The scooter is a 2014 peugeot kisbee.

Thanks in advance,

Jasper

Advertisement - register to remove this

Hi Jasper, do you know the size of your gasoline spray? Located in the carburator. Stuttering means most of the the to much gasoline/to less air.
You could check your air filter as well and replace it or clean and oil it.

Where u from btw..

Hi Simsa,

Thanks for your reply. I already ordered some new ones, will check this evening which size is fitted.

I come from the Netherlands by the way :)

It looks like you'r choke is active all the time. When the engine warms it needs less fuel. Which would mean the everything the engine heats up it drowns in fuel.

http://www.retroclub.nl/elektronica/20840-werking-controleren-van-de-elektrische-choke.html

Here is a good tread on how such a choke work. If you don't mind reading it's worth a try.

1. Visual check. How does the wiring look. Maybe losen the choke and check.

2. You could measure the voltage of the 2 wires off the PTC resistor. It should give 12 volts on a running engine and not lower.

3. After loosing the choke you can try to put 12 volt's on the 2 wires if you are handy enough and see if the needle moves out. You need to measure this.

You can also gamble and just replace it if you find the diagnostics hard to do.

We horen van je! Houd maar lekker in het Nederlands hoor.
Post automatically merged:

Vrijwel iedere standaard 4T heet sproeier 78 tot 82 nodig en mengselschroef op 2,5 slag open.

Goedenavond iedereen,
Ik heb een nieuwe bobine, bougie en een kleinere (78) sproeier er ingezet. De scooter loopt werkt weer perfect.

bedankt voor het meedenken. Erg blij mee

Goedenavond iedereen,
Ik heb een nieuwe bobine, bougie en een kleinere (78) sproeier er ingezet. De scooter loopt werkt weer perfect.

bedankt voor het meedenken. Erg blij mee
Fijn om te horen, de leukere berichten! Welke sproeier zat er in? Probeer over een 100 a 200km je bougie te lezen. Mogelijk is 80 ook nog correct. Heb de scooter zelf altijd het liefst zo rijk mogelijk mits de bougie kleur /rijgedrag het toe laat.

Er zat een sproeier 80 in. De oude bougie was helemaal zwart (Wat duidt op teveel benzine toch?). Misschien dat ik de oude sproeier er nog even weer in zet om te testen of het probleem dar niet aan heeft gelegen.

Er zat een sproeier 80 in. De oude bougie was helemaal zwart (Wat duidt op teveel benzine toch?). Misschien dat ik de oude sproeier er nog even weer in zet om te testen of het probleem dar niet aan heeft gelegen.
Ah nee dan zal ik het lekker laten zoals het is. Misschien wel gelijk wat overig onderhoud er bij pakken om andere problemen te voorkomen. Indien dit langer geleden is natuurlijk.

Back