roller issues...

nismo46

Hi have a S6 sport pro 70cc wit Yasuni R. Has few other bits but not major ones. I have a 3.7g Malossi rollers in it now.
Put a new belt in at the weekend (polini Kevlar) replacing the original one(stock).
before the change the bike would wheelie straight away once you accelorate but now it seems to die til about 10 mph den takes off wit the front wheel coming up then.
just wondering whats this is from i did like it the way it was but i want to keep the new belt in it. Should i go up in roller weight?

Advertisement - register to remove this

this is very normal, as the stock belt you had was used and shorter, the polini one that you bought is probarly the longer version and the belt is new so its hard, its just a question of playin with the rollers now seeing which ones goes better and a matter of using the belt.

since the belt is new & is a bit wider than your old one did you add some washers at the hubpin of the vario in order for the belt to go down a bit so it's almost touching the hubpin? the belt must be at it's highest point at the rear pulley so it can give the highest numerical gear ratio for an easier takeoff.

get a different belt

since the belt is new & is a bit wider than your old one did you add some washers at the hubpin of the vario in order for the belt to go down a bit so it's almost touching the hubpin? the belt must be at it's highest point at the rear pulley so it can give the highest numerical gear ratio for an easier takeoff.

Ive used the polini belt before its a lil wider then the malossi or hebo. Too wide in my opinion i would throw it in the trash but if u can get it to work good for u. Mine went back in the package its much wider stock though. Good luck and hope u getting it workin well.

I have moved back to the stock belt for the meantime. The dead spot is all sorted now. It's like starting a car in 2nd gear wit the wider belt i doubt it was good for the bike.

Aloha, here is the answer I gave on the other current thread:

Aloha, your new belt is wider so it probably starts up higher on the vario, so you need to add a thin spacer between the vario "boss" and the outer face so the belt sits all the way down on the boss. Right now you may be starting in "2nd" gear. Frank

Back