Radiator

Originally posted by Browni
tiba_karotsu

I ve read the Malossi Speed Cylinder's manual, and they suggest 95 octane un-lead petrol or V-power for their Speed cylinders, with 1:15,8 compression. And I ask my friend who knows chemistry very well and he said that I can use 98 or 99 octane gas for the Manston II (with 1:17 compression).

tiba?

shell V-power has 100 octane rating (RON) so average octane rating maybe around 95 to 96 octane which i think is adequate for 15:1 CR.

well if your friend says that 17:1 can work with 98 to 99 octane pump gas then by all means try it then post the results here whatever they may be.:)

so now are you going to get Manston II cilinder kit?

Originally posted by tiba_karotsu
shell V-power has 100 octane rating (RON) so average octane rating maybe around 95 to 96 octane which i think is adequate for 15:1 CR.

well if your friend says that 17:1 can work with 98 to 99 octane pump gas then by all means try it then post the results here whatever they may be.:)

"so now are you going to get Manston II cilinder kit?"

No, I hesitate:) :)

The Petrol station has V-Power and V-Power Racing with min 99 octane gas.

Originally posted by Browni
"so now are you going to get Manston II cilinder kit?"

No, I hesitate:) :)

The Petrol station has V-Power and V-Power Racing with min 99 octane gas.

My other problem is that I can buy the Manston anytime but if I buy EVO I have to wait ....and I'm very impatient :)

To make your life simple, take a compression test. If you have over 150 psi you will need race gas. The Hebo Maston come with different size base gaskets. Normally, if you use the thickest one you can use pump gas. I have a Piaggio Maston #1 cylinder on the rode and its a rocket.

Speed

Speed,

what do you think about MK Prorace 2 cilinder kit for Minarelli? have you tested one? a friend of mine will become the importer & distributor of MK products so i'm wondering how Prorace 2 Minarelli performs.

thanks for any input.

thanks Velo, i have seen the photos of the PR2 cilinder and they are right when they said it will need lotsa work to get 20hp.

i'll keep my options open but until then my next cilinder kit of choice will be the Polini EVO (6) LC Minarelli.

Originally posted by tiba_karotsu
thanks Velo, i have seen the photos of the PR2 cilinder and they are right when they said it will need lotsa work to get 20hp.

Explain?
Remember that the head is lowered by 2 mm

If you are talking about the Metrakit Pro Race, yes it recess into the cylinder head to help seal it better for water leaks from o'rings.
I would try the Metrakit Pro Race Exhaust. The Cylinder + Exhaust seem to work out good. I clocked a Beta Temp modifed to Liquid Cooled in sprint race with my radar gun. Here got 85mph. He is using a complete Metrakit motor.
I am suprised not too may persons use the Pro Race Kits over in Europe. It seems much better than Hebo Maston. I have tried both and I've visited the factory.

Note: Metrakit rate their Pro Race Kits at 15,000rpm. When I raced their Zip in Spain, they ran it at 13,000rpm. Their Zip was FAST indeed, I must be honest!!!

Speed

Originally posted by Speed
If you are talking about the Metrakit Pro Race, yes it recess into the cylinder head to help seal it better for water leaks from o'rings.
I would try the Metrakit Pro Race Exhaust. The Cylinder + Exhaust seem to work out good. I clocked a Beta Temp modifed to Liquid Cooled in sprint race with my radar gun. Here got 85mph. He is using a complete Metrakit motor.
I am suprised not too may persons use the Pro Race Kits over in Europe. It seems much better than Hebo Maston. I have tried both and I've visited the factory.

Note: Metrakit rate their Pro Race Kits at 15,000rpm. When I raced their Zip in Spain, they ran it at 13,000rpm. Their Zip was FAST indeed, I must be honest!!!

Speed

You say that the Pro RAce II is better than MAnston II?? If it's true I buy Metrakit it's cheaper than Hebo M2.

I think so. I am the dealer here for both products. I have tried everything from both companies. And yes, Metrakit it is cheaper.
Good Luck!!!

Speed

Originally posted by Speed
I have them in my shop. Both manston kit look the same to me. How do you tell how good the Nikasil is.

Speed

"Both manston kit look the same to me"

In turn they are different!! Is NiKaSil clear, equable or it's inhomogeneous?? Do you see little white or black spots on it??

If you can scrape the NiKaSil with your nail it has got bad NiKaSil:):):):):) Please do a Rockwell hardness test (HRC)!:):)})

Last edited:
Speed

If I understand well, you have a Manston II kit at your shop. Can I ask a favour of you? Can you send me the cylinder's documentation, /user manual/ what they encloses?! Any format is good to me... type it to the forum, or scanning it..

Last edited:
Feul

We are driving a high tuned manston Replika with kart carb 24mm (it has beaten several team cillinders on shorttrack races, streetraces) just with 98oct feul no problems at all.
No oct booster or wat ever addet to the feul just oil.

Back