Question - Top Speed for a 70cc Scooters

Speed

Hello Guys,

What is the fastest speed you have seen a 70cc scooters reach? For me, I clocked a 70cc scooter at 85mph with my radar gun. No Nos.

Note:
1. Please give honest answers.
2. With or without Nos.

Thanks Speed

Advertisement - register to remove this

calculating : 85 x 1,6(1 mile=1,6 Km)=136 Km/h. :) I mean the Topperformance scooter, with a short mineralli reatched 160 ? If not faster.

The speed record is 168 km/u for as far as i know.
I reached a 140,0 with my nrg without use of NX. Pics of the speedometer are in the Hall of Fame.

thats cheating on a dyno :D

Mol: thats mad! about 85mph? that was off a sigma wasn't it? That almost as fast as my drag. I think I am gonna have to get me a 50cc bike to tune this year :D

i can't give the actual speed of our scoots here 'coz at the time the speed sensor of the drag race timing equipment was broken.

50cc's are much cheaper to tune & maintain than 70cc's so if the 70cc sprint classes die i still have something to race with.

Originally posted by divuk83
thats cheating on a dyno :D

Mol: thats mad! about 85mph? that was off a sigma wasn't it? That almost as fast as my drag. I think I am gonna have to get me a 50cc bike to tune this year :D
It's not mad. It was on a 800m long road. I will try it @ a 2km road for the absolute topspeed :)
We reached the 140km/u on a 400m drag race with the use of NX.
On the Dyno i reached about 175km/u :)

everybody scores on a dyno, even i scored 169 with only a rf of 9.9....
on the road it's about 135

the TP mina record was on a 1mile track, i read somewhere that THE record was 179

I reached 125 km/u myself with my last scooter... that's about 78m/h..

maybe not very fast if i see what you guys do with your scoots ;) but i think it fast enough for me :)

Originally posted by Mol
It's not mad. It was on a 800m long road. I will try it @ a 2km road for the absolute topspeed :)
We reached the 140km/u on a 400m drag race with the use of NX.
On the Dyno i reached about 175km/u :)

I'm not saying I dont believe you mate, as your bike rocks and it know its easily capable of that :D
I hope to break the 30hp mark with NOS this year, got some porting to be done to my engine first though. I am hoping for at least 24hp before I put install the NOS, and I will be running it off a progresive controler so I am hoping to be able to pull at least an extra 10-15hp with NOS, the 30hp mark is my goal for this year, although I reckon 35 or maybe a little bit more is posible :D

Dave

I'm not saying I dont believe you mate, as your bike rocks and it know its easily capable of that :D
I hope to break the 30hp mark with NOS this year, got some porting to be done to my engine first though. I am hoping for at least 24hp before I put install the NOS, and I will be running it off a progresive controler so I am hoping to be able to pull at least an extra 10-15hp with NOS, the 30hp mark is my goal for this year, although I reckon 35 or maybe a little bit more is posible :D

Dave

Well, let's begin to buy a bigger carb. You have 25mm on a 172cc, I have 30mm on a 70cc 8P

That should easily increase torque, go for a nice flatslide type.

A next step should be a different exhaust, the Malossi for example.

Dave
I just wanted to give some more facts about how and when it was reached.
The numbers you are saying. About the 24Hp without use of NOS. If and when you reach it. Your a god ;)
30-35HP with the use of NOS is not really a problem. Some minor adjustments to your engine will do the trick ;)

What about top performance, what have they reached ? I believe I saw a picture of some kind of frame with an aerodynamic front a few months ago, I believe they had a superb topspeed ?

Back